S-10 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
I'll never let go
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i mean master welders

i have a little crappy lincoln weld pack- 100 that im using to weld some minor thing on my truck. i was replacing the wire and it got jammed in there. i tried pulling the wire back out and it snapped in there. is there a way to get the wire out or do i have to replace the line??? thanx in advance

·
Registered
7,642 Posts
wow sounds like you are ****ed! you need a new line anyway. if the wire got stuck, it's going to happen again. i would say something in the line is messed up.

call a local welding shop and ask, and check on cable prices too.

·
Bring back *DARK STYLE*
1,592 Posts
make sure it's feedin the wire not just makin the sound somtimes the wheel will get stuck, all i do is i take the tip and copper thing off the handle rhen hold it straight and it should feed through

·
Registered
145 Posts
If you can't get it out, you should only have to replace the liner. Those are pretty cheap, and easy to get out. Remove your gun/lead and take it to a welding supply store. They can show you how to get it out and sell you another one. Last one I bought was about $15.

·
Registered
1 Posts
In the future...always snip the tip of the wire off before feeding it in the liner...also before you install a new roll of wire...clean your liner out with brake cleaner.

·
Banned
271 Posts
brake cleaner? i have never heard that before.....i would believe it would contamenate the wire when it goes thru the liner and give yaa dirty weld.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts