S-10 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Dr. Pepper is ma BITCH
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
will a 1st gen ext. cab with a carbed 350, with full exhaust and intake, mild cam, and port n' polished heads beat a 5.0l and comaros?, i know this cannot be answered fully bacuase of weight and power and such but i would just like to hear any opinions on the subject. just wanna get an idea of how i'm gonna do on the street, thanks:D :D :D :thumbup:

·
Say lowered d
1,349 Posts
I dunno for sure

I would think so, but the problem is going to be traction. I cant hardly race anybody because of traction. I cant get it to the ground. It really is starting to bother me. At first, it was like KEWL!!! Burnouts through third!!! Now its like CRAP, beat by another Geo Metro:bash: :bash: :drinkhaha :bash: :bash:

·
Registered
433 Posts
setup correctly, without a doubt! like lowerdd said, if you can keep the power going to the ground.. thats the tough part.

what is your tranny? and what is your exhaust?
chris

·
Registered
205 Posts
Traction will be your biggest enemy. I raced my buddies Mustang right before winter started in the Wildside and he kicked my butt by probably 4 cars. This was due to me saying "It's too damn cold to put on my Drag Radials, I'll just leave my Tiger Paws on....." Even after a top fuel burnout from hell and pulling straight to the line, he pulled me by 5-7 cars out of the hole. I had to play catch up for the rest of the time and just couldn't get hooked up in time to do it. He beat me consistently by 3-4 cars every time. His car ran a 13.2 at the track and he has a KB Level 4 suspension so he hooks just as hard on the street as he does at the track.

So, let it be an early lesson to you. IF you want to be a contender with a Mustang, Camaro, or any other sports car, have on a set of Drag Radials or ET Streets. Unless you drop a ton of money getting your rear suspension set up it you will be playing catch up just like me.

Here is a hint for you: If you can, try to sucker them into a race from an 80 mph roll. I raced a friend that could kill me in the quarter from 80-145 and when I lifted he was probably 1/8 of a mile behind......

·
Registered
745 Posts
launch

yeah man,put you a few degrees more pinion angle on the axle,or some traction bars,add a few bags of cement to the rear,if you are runnin street tires ,stomp it,let off it,and stomp it again,this will help your 60 ft.times.of coarse some drag tires will help(like proflow said).I havent run at the strip yet but intend to this year.I have run mid 12s using the g-tech.I use my truck for autobahn running .more of a top end deal.Have out run 911s and m-5s up to 270kmh:evilg:

·
Registered
3 Posts
tubbed rides are no fun to easy to go straight and when ur street racing eveybody sees a tubbed ride and they are to scared to race it what u need is a set of mcreay dirt circle track tires closest thing u'll come to slicks this all we run on the street cause they still have a tread patter and they will hook just like a slick drag radials arent what there cracked up to be and there to expensive and still spin.

·
Registered
58 Posts
ZQ, dat's baaaad! My friend runs Hoosier Quick times on his Chevelle (377, High 11's) on the street. They seem to hook pretty well.

·
little pink pink
5,036 Posts
My theory is..."if its tubbed...there's a reason why!"

So there for I am scared...not to say I wouldn't get on it to see what you have..but I damn sure ain't serious about racing something tubbed.

·
Registered
3 Posts
actaully the past few sets we got never said that on em and most coips wont mess with u if they see tread on a tire anyway

·
Registered
176 Posts
ZQL8TR sweet ride. thats the only way to race . unless your road raceing. once im done with mine ill post pics im tubbin out an 84 ex.cab.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts