S-10 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
like i said my 4l60e doesnt go into overdrive under full throttle. today while talking to bill i was talking to him about this and he says his blazer x goes into od at 100 mph, but FULL THROTTLE IN OVERDRIVE TARES UP THE TRANNY

so for the guys who says there autos do it just to make you aware about this.

tony

·
Trick MotorSports!
1,253 Posts
Tony...I've been thinking, don't the F-bodies use the 4l60E? Because they can top out at 155 with the same or similar gears (3:23's and 3:42's in the SS/WS6) and shorter tires. I'm sure they'd have to go into OD to hit those speeds.

·
little pink pink
5,036 Posts
I hear you guys talk about this all the time...
I was with dustro94s10 the other day..we was topping out his truck...cuz he got chipped..and his would shift into overdrive @ full throttle...I don't know how fast we was going b/c speedo stops..but we was hauling some nuts...never did top out...

·
Registered
16 Posts
my 2.8 only goes int to over drive up to 1'2 throttle nothing over that

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yah i tlaked to bill about that. he says that some do some dont. the lt1s do it but full throttle in overdrive eats it up. mine tacks out in 3rd. im sure when i had the 410s in it and if it did hit od would be good but on nitrous would chew up tranny. the 3rd to 4th pack on the 4l60es are very weak bill said.

tony

·
want my #... 911 beotch!!
2,186 Posts
98 SS ON NOS said:
yah i tlaked to bill about that. he says that some do some dont. the lt1s do it but full throttle in overdrive eats it up. mine tacks out in 3rd. im sure when i had the 410s in it and if it did hit od would be good but on nitrous would chew up tranny. the 3rd to 4th pack on the 4l60es are very weak bill said.

tony
so if i go NA (no NOS or blower) and run 3.73s or 4.10s i can let it shift to OD with no problems?

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i had 410s and it would just tack out at 105 at most. now im glad it didnt go into od. as for naturally asperated the 410s ***in kicked ass. rpms on freeway were fine also. if you want to run 14s nat asperated this is the way to do it. traction was alittle problem but man it would just take off
tony

·
want my #... 911 beotch!!
2,186 Posts
98 SS ON NOS said:
i had 410s and it would just tack out at 105 at most. now im glad it didnt go into od. as for naturally asperated the 410s ***in kicked ass. rpms on freeway were fine also. if you want to run 14s nat asperated this is the way to do it. traction was alittle problem but man it would just take off
tony
thats what i am leaniin towards to put in there when i put in a posi.:thumbup:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts