S-10 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
got a 2000 ext cab dime...it dont quite lay and i can only figure one reason i just wasnted some other opions first be4 i went 2 cuttin..

here is my front setup and my engine x member is 1/2 off the ground on 20s laid out...

uppers - sd
lowers - de humped and plated , no lower cups
sd upper 2' tall cups - single port bolt in
Airlift Dominator 2500s
2' chassis tech drop spindles
notched tie rods for 22s
tubbed firewall for 22s

control arms aint even close 2 httin and neither is the firewall or tie rods..
and the bag from the best i can tell is fully compressed

what u think it is??
uppers cups need 2 be trimmed?
i know the front is a 2:1 ratio

thanks guys

·
Registered
150 Posts
pics??

you check the usual?

i know you are tubbed and notched for tie rods but did you double check to make sure nothing was hitting.. sounds dumb, but dumb shit is always the culprit.

·
Stepsides are cool
1,182 Posts
maybe never trimmed the brackets for lower control arms so they could travel higher? trany member/carrier bearing member...or even exhaust? just throwing some ideas out..

·
Registered
450 Posts
pic help alot

·
.:|Hustlin4life|:.
5,662 Posts
The 2 ft cups might be a problem...lol....Says you are tubbed, but doesn't say anything about the booster...is it hitting on the booster?

·
Inferno Fab
4,441 Posts
Odds are the plate on the lowers wasn't made low enough andeven though the bag is fully compressed its not allowing enough room for the lowers to travel high enough. I would suggest trimming the upper cup and if you still aren't laying then you need to replate the lower. Mine are all of 1.25" thick after replating and I raised the BJ too. I'm on a 22" wheel with a 255/30 tire.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
This isnt my first go round... carrier bearin from sd already installed as well as the exhuast has been raised.. thats no the problem. lower mountin plates have already been trimmed and already have the 7' chrome booster from waylaid. ill post pics in a lil while

·
Air ride & Audio
2,816 Posts
This isnt my first go round... carrier bearin from sd already installed as well as the exhuast has been raised.. thats no the problem. lower mountin plates have already been trimmed and already have the 7' chrome booster from waylaid. ill post pics in a lil while

its already been said. take your wheel off and cycle the suspension with the cups out. And you changed the carrier bearing xmember but what about the transmission Xmember?

1 - 20 of 93 Posts