S-10 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
praise the lower'd
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 99 s10 and my friend has a 94 s10 and we were thinking because he rear ended someone and needs all new front end (core support, headlights grill) and he was gonna upgrade toa 98-99 looking front end that we could just put my front end on his truck and me buy the 97 composite blazer front end to put on my truck.

i really like the composite blazer front end but im not sure what all i need to make it work with my truck. what i think i need is core support, headlights, and grill.....

do i need anything else?? has any one swaped from 99 to 97 blazer with composite???

please help me out!!!

thanks a lot
scott

·
little pink pink
5,036 Posts
i would think that you would need the bumper and air dam as well..but it is just a simple bolt on swap...You will need the core support, grille, and headlights for sure. everything else should plug, screw, and fit right on.

·
praise the lower'd
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
wow thats what i needed to hear. i want to keep the 99 bumper they look better IMO. so i dont "NEED" to trade bumpers right?

does anyone know if i will still have DRL with the blazer front?

thanks guys
scott

·
praise the lower'd
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hey dustro,

i was checking out your site and saw your envoy swap page. if i was gonna go to envoy instead.... would i need a new radiator support?

and is a possible to have the envoy healights but not hid? and i didnt see any price for the hid ballest... or is that included in the headlight thing???

thanks a lot
scott

byw.... that rear setup looks sick!!! how does that ride?

G

·
hey since you have a 99 you will not need the core support....i recently switched to the blazer composite lights.....soo..i have all the stuff for the front end for you buddies...truck...soo..let me know..if he wants to make a deal..it is the stock sealed beam..soo let me know if he just wants to stay stock

G

·
oh..lol..i though you were talking about the envoy frontend..lol..hehe..sorry dude...yea you will need the core support....sorry...again
Let me know if you buddy wants that front end ****..it has the light buckets..lights.grille.sidemarkers...eveything...for $150...soo
let me know
Later Kenny
oh pm me..i may be able to help you with prices on your swap..

·
praise the lower'd
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ok, thats what i thought....

you didnt have to change core support right?

i like it. im just debating whether to get the enovy(expensive) or the 97 composite( almost free)

if i change out my core support is it gonn Fup all my lines like with hood alighnment and door alignmetn??

thanks
scott

G

·
well..it is poersonle prefrance...the blazer was cheap like you said..and i wish i had the money for the envoy swap with H.I.D but i have not been sh!ttin gold eggs latley...soo.i went with the blazer..i like it ...it seems to trun heads among the s-truckers around here

1 - 15 of 15 Posts