S-10 Forum banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

· Registered
806 Posts
Buy yourself a higher end Alpine or higher end Pioneer cd player with front, rear, and sub out (my opinion pio 8500mp). Scrap the eq and that garbage...theres no need for it. You'll have more than enough control of your sound off of a good deck. They might look cool, but now their kinda pointless, and the more equipment you add, the more times the signal gets interupted, and the bigger the chance for noise to pop up in your system. Also, on the alpine there is an adapter to change the ai net plug into an audio input, same thing with the pioneers wich will solve your audio problems

· Registered
2,920 Posts
xtrememeasures said:
those things r just a band aid fix...will just coverr up the rpoblem...chances are the mod has a noisy power or ground...juts rewire those and it should be alset
He is right! It's a noisy power connection somewhere. Your FM modulator may be getting a dirty feed. It will fix it so you don't need to buy another everything.

· Registered
1,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 · (Edited)
**UPDATE**

(I've been down for a day installing my new P4P800 Deluxe mobo with a 2.8 p4, a gig of corsair memory, and a new radeon 9800 pro card)

THE NEWS:

I took my ps2 inside on xmas day to watch some dvds with the girl in my room......and i noticed that once again it played fine until i popped in a dvd. So i put two and two together and decided to try her ps2 later on that night in my truck.....and magically, the noise disappeared. So, today im going to go swap my ps2 with another one at the store and hopefully i'll be all set.....without having to spend any money (THANK GOD). Anyone else had this type of problem with a ps2 before?

· Registered
1,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
++MY FINAL ANSWER++

Well, i got my new ps2 and it works great. I have superior surround sound now and minimal interferance! I appreciate all the feedback guys, and im really glad i found this out before I went out and bought all sortsa crap! Fm mods arent as bad as I thought they were haha =-P

· Registered
193 Posts
get some good rca cables u prolly have crappy ones, or check and see if yer rcas and your power wire are ran right next to each other, if they r, then that could be the problem, so put run them on opposite sides.....

21 - 32 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.