S-10 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
More Cowbell
3,186 Posts
03zq8 said:
If you spliced the ground into something else, you might want to try giving it it's own grond. Just a thought.
try to keep it away form the firewall and where other electronics are grounded....i usually go to the sill plate

·
Registered
37 Posts
do like i did-find out if your head unit has an input jack for a cd changer,go to www.crutchfield.com to find your radio and check out the specs and any available accessories for that model number. if your model has a cd changer on back then you can buy the adapter that will convert that plug into rca inputs for your audio and you can elimanate the rf switch-youll get a lot cleaner sound as i did.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'll try redirecting the ground cause i think i put it and the power inverter on the same ground. In my reg cab im sooooo running outta room hahaha. I had to squeeze the rf mod behind the ac controls. I thought it may have been interferance with the rcas being too close to the other wiring, but if its only the ground I can probably fix that pretty easy.

I heard about the line in thing on the cd player and plan to eliminate the rf mod as soon as I can afford a new cd player.

·
Got V8?
3,263 Posts
Skyphos said:
I relocated the ground and it helped a little. I think either way i go the fm mod is just a weak link in the sound. Its okay though. Anyone know any good cd players with enough rcas for two amps and an input for sound so i wouldnt need that fm mod bs. Thanks!
Alpine 9807 and Alpine KAC-121B from www.etronics.com

Plays MP3's too

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cool. Ill have to look into that. I think I may take this time to go ahead and upgrade my cd player, but i know it'll be a lil while till i get the money to get one i want soooo for the time being....do you guys think maybe a better brand of FM modulators would help me any? Im thinking it may a little, but not a lot =-/

And anyone else have any other cd player suggestions?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts