S-10 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up a FM modulated CD changer and I see it has to be connected to the antenna ( I have a factory radio/tape player in my truck) To connect to the antenna WILL I need to take out the radio to access the antenna connection?
If I have to do that I might as well just put in an indash CD reciever
Will a factory radio/CD player from a 2001 truck go right into my 2000 and its the same connector
Thanks

·
Registered
211 Posts
yeah the 2001 should be the same.....and yes you will have to pull the radio out to get to the antenna. don't expect great sound with that FM modulated changer. when you play the cds through the usually unused channel you loose tons of sound quality. also hopefully you don't like to "crank it up" too much, cause you will be greatly limited. and finally, yes you should just put in an in dash CD player. the changer idea is a good one, so get a CD player that can control a cd changer, such as a Pioneer unit. that way, if you hook a changer up to that, you will have the true CD quality sound.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think I will just put in the factory AMFMCD and take out the factory AMFMtape for now I had added tweeters and a amplified bazooka tube when I bought the truck new hopefully I can get the theftlock code I saw a listing on forum on how to that...I was jusy looking for an easy way out but guess what there never easy ways in life and cars/trucks LOL

1 - 3 of 3 Posts