S-10 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,
I thought I had this all figured out...i love the way flush mount tonneaus look but I was at the local place that sells toppers and tonneaus and the guy said he hates flush mount tonneaus...I am going with a hard fiberglass one.

He said the bed of a truck flexes and a flush mount tonneau will leak, be hard to open sometimes, fall down inside the bed other times...is this true?

Also I know checkmate is the lower line of flush tonneaus what other brands would you recommend if I wanted a little better quality one?

I am basically looking for peoples experience and how you feel about your flush tonneaus...also let me know what brand you have.

Thanks,
Scott

·
Deadbeat
1,331 Posts
well i have yet to hear of a flush mount that doesnt leak but i've never ever heard of one falling inside the bed....thats would be impossible to happen to mine unless i cut it up and put it in the bed.....i always that checkmate was one of the best...it looks the best imo...but i have a sprint or a slim top i cant remember now but i like it...no problems at all....sometimes the weather seal sticks to the bed a lil i guess it gets a little harder to open but nothing i would call a problem...they look sweet....

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well i said checkmate was a lower line because I know alot of people on there forums have not been happy with them...maybe it was due to improper installation or paint prep.

RawredX - if you were to buy a flush mount tonneau would you go with a checkmate? I was planning on getting a checkmate but my topper I have on my truck was recently broken into latch and a crack on it so I am checking into tonneaus because I believe insurance will help me on part of it...so I was thinking about getting a more expensive one..waht do you think what brands should I check out or should I go with a checkmate?

CynicX - I have been trying to find the Sprint tonneaus on the net today and can not find them anymore...where did you order yours from? What did it cost you and was it already painted?

Thanks,
Scott

·
Deadbeat
1,331 Posts
yonkers - thats why i order it it was less then 400 shipped and painted black...but all they offered was black or white...i actually ordered it from an ad in a mini truckn' mag... installation was simple, required 2 people a couple of times though... i'm pretty sure it was either california concepts or autobahn that i ordered it from...

p.s. it weighs 70lbs and the corners are very suspible to bending so if you do find it try to be there when ups arrives...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts