S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
which is louder just a single flowmaster muffler with the stock tailpipe or a dual flowmaster cat back sytem (still using one orignal tailpipe and putting anthor one out the other side)? or is there not much different in the sound at all?

·
Registered
8 Posts
:tool: you are a douche bag...........hahahahahaha.

check the members rides section! I should have a pic of your stereo up in there..........later.

·
Early Member
3,138 Posts
nkss-10 said:
which is louder just a single flowmaster muffler with the stock tailpipe or a dual flowmaster cat back sytem (still using one orignal tailpipe and putting anthor one out the other side)? or is there not much different in the sound at all?

I would say dual exhaust.

·
Registered
610 Posts
are you asking about putting two mufflers or just dual exaust?

·
Work In Progress
191 Posts
Flowmaster has that delta flow system which increases sound. It really is't loud on a V6. I have the delta flow 50 seris and am very happy. You get a little mor pep. I would go with the duals.

·
2nd place is the1st loser
238 Posts
if you dont know the answer to that then dont mod your truck
How is he gonna learn if he doesnt ask questions.You get a louder tone when you unrestrict the exhaust.Your gonna get a more throaty sound with a true dual than you will with a semi dual exhaust.

·
Registered
8 Posts
wellhung said:
if you dont know the answer to that then dont mod your truck
hey man why you gotta be a dick? I am sure that sometime in your life you needed to ask questions. When you weren't sure how to wipe your ass and you asked your mom did she say "well if you have to ask then don't ever take a shit!" I am sure that she didnt say that.

Just answer the question or don't bother replying~!!!! It isn't that hard really!:troutslap :rolleyes:

·
238 Posts
That was a little more colorfull of a response then I had lol.:bugeye:There will always be someone asking questions that might seem crazy.But that is one of the reasons people come here for.To get help with there trucks.There would be very few members on here if we told them not to mod there truck if they dont know how.Everyone has to learn from someone.

·
Registered
8 Posts
FULLTHROTTLE74 said:
That was a little more colorfull of a response then I had lol.:bugeye:There will always be someone asking questions that might seem crazy.But that is one of the reasons people come here for.To get help with there trucks.There would be very few members on here if we told them not to mod there truck if they dont know how.Everyone has to learn from someone.
Basically I said what you just said, but with a little bit more creativity!:burnout:

·
Clean N' Dark
1,921 Posts
Why is everyone so stuck on Flowmasters? The name or something?

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Funny, I love people that try to rip on others for not knowing what they know. Gosh, you must be of high lineage. Were you born with all the answers to the vast universe. Everyone had to learn them from somebody else telling them. So the only difference between yourself & him would be the time at which someone told you the answer. I have had both. Very big difference in sound quality & performance gain. Run a 3"inlet with dual 2.5 outlets.

·
Registered
8 Posts
03 SS said:
Funny, I love people that try to rip on others for not knowing what they know. Gosh, you must be of high lineage. Were you born with all the answers to the vast universe. Everyone had to learn them from somebody else telling them. So the only difference between yourself & him would be the time at which someone told you the answer. I have had both. Very big difference in sound quality & performance gain. Run a 3"inlet with dual 2.5 outlets.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

what that guy said!!!!!!:clap: :clap:

·
Registered
745 Posts
if u want it loud then just get a cut out right behind ur cat, i did it not much help hp wise, but its really loud

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
thanks for the suggestions. by the way i did know that it there would be a sound differnce but i just wanted some expert opinion on what to possible get.
thank you bjbaker and 03 ss for the suggestions. thank you greg
zts2 for covering my ass and speaking for me.
if i ask dumd question it is because i am very new at this i wanted to know the answer. if i wanted to know about bull shit i would ask for it but i don't so don't tell me about it.:cuss: :flipoff:

·
238 Posts
I like flowmasters for the sound.Everyone knows they are not the best performer that is out there.Choosing a muffler consists of 2 things.One being performance over stock and two being sound.Which flowmaster does both.The sound is what sells the flowmaster more than anything.Sound is why I chose flowmaster.And it performs alot better than the stocker.

·
Registered
745 Posts
I have one flowmaster 40 series dumped and a cut out they both sound nice, i uncap for crusing and cap for racing.

·
S-Clusive's Jester
3,085 Posts
what would be the best on a stock 4.3 performance wise??

1 - 20 of 21 Posts