S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Blue and Silver Xtreme
686 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If i get a flowmaster muffler installed will it ruin the warrenty on my truck? Also if i do get one which series should i get, idont want it to be too loud but i want to be able to hear the growl. thanks. also how much is it to install the muffler? thanx

·
Early Member
3,114 Posts
The muffler shouldn't void the warranty.Go to the Flowmaster website and check it out,they have it set-up with information the will help you decide on a muffler, up to a certain point. Then you need to check with people you know to see what muffler they are using and listen to the sound, then decide if that is what you really want. People can tell what they think is best but it is really up to you. As far as price goes call some local muffler shops to get the prices.

·
Vancity's Finest
31 Posts
I was going to go flowmasters on my X but I called my dealership and they said that I shouldn't risk it because they have had a ton of problems with people getting aftermarket exhausts...it won't void your warranty but if something happens in relation to your aftermaket exhaust you are toast...anyway, the ones I was looking at are teh 50 series...I'm pretty sure they have audio clips on their site of the different series..

·
3,255 Posts
skillz said:
I was going to go flowmasters on my X but I called my dealership and they said that I shouldn't risk it because they have had a ton of problems with people getting aftermarket exhausts...it won't void your warranty but if something happens in relation to your aftermaket exhaust you are toast...anyway, the ones I was looking at are teh 50 series...I'm pretty sure they have audio clips on their site of the different series..
:rolleyes: the day i listen to my dealer ship is the day i buy a ricer..... of course they are going to tell you what to not buy if you don't know them... if you have a friend that works at a dealer ship they would say go for it because you aren't risking anything by buying a flowmaster and having it professionally installed, you will get better sound and some better performance. I would go with 40 series single in single outs. I'm going to get that done anyday now.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I have the 40 series on my truck and it sounds really good.

·
phins fan
259 Posts
i have a 40 series on my tuck that is single in dual out and it sounds awsome.

·
3,255 Posts
i'd like to do a dual out but blazer x's are a bitch to do that with.... if you gotta s10 definitly go for that shit. 2.5"s out tho or u will loose back pressure and loose torque

·
676 Posts
Mines an 03' and i just got a flowmaster 40 series installed like 2 weeks ago...and i love it i would deffently suggest doing it. I seriousely doubt you will have any problems with it, especially if its professionaly installed. And you should call that dealership back and ask specifically what problems people were having, cause i don't really see what could happen.

·
Blue and Silver Xtreme
686 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
cool thanks for all the replies i think i will go with the 40 series, those of your who do have flowmaster how much did it cost you to have it installed and how long did it take?

·
phins fan
259 Posts
i had it turned down which is the cheaper way to go and midas charged me 50 bucks. i did not want tail pipes anyway.

·
99 X Dime
24 Posts
I have a single in dual out original 40 series... it cost something like 90 bucks, but i had my entire system custom bent for the duals to go through the roll pan... I really dont let other people drive my truck, so ive never heard it on the road, but everyone says how sweet it is. I went with the original ~NOT DELTA~ because most of the s-10 around where i live who have exhaust systems- you cant even hear them and they are not worth the money your gonna spend on them. I wanted it to be heard! Seems ok loud, may add headers in the future... and definintly, go with the 2 1/2" piping... i gained a fair amout or torque and hp in the midrange.

·
Registered
212 Posts
i think im gonna get the 40 series with a turn down before the axel. i hit a rock that ripped my muffler off so now my exhaust ends after the cat at the end of the cab. sounds kinda cool but gets annoying at a certain rpm on the highway.

·
I'm a huge ass
10,798 Posts
um i know ill get some heat from this but my neighbor has an 01 mustang gt 5 spd the stone brown grayish color saleen front clip with saleen rims and droped a bit its is by far the best sounding xhaust ever i dont want my x to sound like it has no cats and like a big block off road truck if its possible what series flowmasters would replicate a mustang gt?

thx
x faktr

·
99 X Dime
24 Posts
The Muffler that makes the mustang sound good is usually the american thunder series- they have entire systems for the mustang, but none for s-10s... And im not really sure what you mean by that big block v8 comment, but i went with the 40 series and its still softer then some mustangs and cameros around me... and wheater with the s-10 v6 or v4, your not going to be that loud. But most of the mustangs with these powerful exhaust ARE V8s... so your kinda contridicting yourself with the entire mustang and v8 thing. And the one your comparing to is a gt v6, so unless you go too extreme, your won't much louder then th mustang v6 exhaust

·
wut u talkn bout willis?
695 Posts
if you want flowmaster go with 40 series...just be careful when you drive,watch for state troopers...stupid state troopers got me twice because of it being to loud..and now i have to get it removed or find a way around an inspection for it..but damn does it sound sweet..even on my 2.2l i get compliments all the time....but yea it could get you pulled over...but you know..now that i think about it..icould have gotten pulled over because i passed the trooper reving the engine up,lol(no oing fast at all) i dont change gears till about 4000rpms...and at that high of rpms that shit is loud..lol

·
I'm a huge ass
10,798 Posts
alright um a mustang gt is 4.6L 289 ci a bigger block v8 is like a 5.7L 350 ci a 7.0L 427 ci a mustang v8 is very small compaired to most v8 so how am i contradicting myself? but i know that 40 series is the loudest and then does it go 30 mext loudest or 50 series? and if i get flows what should i get i drive alot in the hi way like 40 delta or jsut 40 and for the tail pipes go dual out the back or jsut single side swept?

·
99 X Dime
24 Posts
The order of sounds of flowmaster mufflers from what i know:
40 series
40 series delta
50 series
50 series delta
so on and so on...

It has relativly quiet cabin noise if thats what you mean by the "I drive a lot statement"... And if you mean noise, Ive never had any complaints about my 40 series sounding too loud... not neighbors, not cops. The single or duals question depends on what engine you have... if you have a 2.2L, the you will definently want to go single (I really dont know if turndowns are better or not- your choice), and in order to keep back pressure go with 2 1/4" piping. I have a 4.3L with single into duals and went with 2 1/4" piping to keep back pressure with 3" tips.

·
I'm a huge ass
10,798 Posts
oh ok yeah i guess i forgot to mention i have 4.3 and yeah im talking about cabin noise when i say im on the hi way alot and im jsut wanting to use stock headers and stock cat and stock piping till the muffler

1 - 20 of 32 Posts