S-10 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
ask me about my crabs
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am dropping a 4.3 in my 86 blazer and am going to do a complete exhaust swap, i'm losing the cat, and am looking for a strong sounding exhaust, right now i have a glasspack on there and it's a little too loud in the cab for me. I love the sound of the Flowmaster 40's but they have the same basic problem, lous internally. Someone on another board suggested i get the flowmaster 40 series delta flow muffler. I was just wondering if anyone had any experience with this muffler and knew how it sounded in the cab and out of the cab.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Ive had a flowmaster 40 series delta and a dynomax ultraflow bullet both on my 4.3. I had a turndown on both of them. IMO the flowmaster didnt sound that great, especially for $80. I really like the sound of the bullet. It sounded good for a V6. Also, the flowmaster was the same loudness as the bullet although the bullet was louder on the outside.

·
up to sumthing
575 Posts
i have one & i love it its not quite as loud as a non delta series but still a good deep sound

·
ask me about my crabs
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
okay, i'm still not sure but, i get the impression the delta's give you a really low sound which i kinda assumed. I still have a few weeks to make my desicion so thanks for your opinions

1 - 5 of 5 Posts