S-10 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
FactorY RolliN
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright im gonna start off... what is the STOCK exhaust pipe 2 1/2 " 2 " or less or what ? and what would be the best muffler for just a stock exhaust to rumble real nice and loud like the loudest flowmaster or magnaflow.. right now i am looking at the 30 series street and strip and i am liking the details... now i am not going dual exhaust unless the price is right.. let me know what you think. thank you

·
Registered
6,948 Posts
i believe the stock exhaust pipe is 2.25 somone second me on this?

·
FactorY RolliN
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
hey thanks for that pipe size... im gonna order a 40 series delta flow muffler for it.. i hope it will sound different :) this is the loudest flowmaster supposedly.. it has the deep but i hope its gonna be nice without dual exhaust still... let me know if you have heard one without dual exhausts

·
Big Red Fire
52 Posts
im pretty sure that the stock pipe is 2.25 piping. i myslef have a 40 series that i bought off of ebay and welded on w/ friends arch welder. i wonder too how it would sound with duals but it cant be much louder and if it is screw it dont care.:shoot: :gunfire:

·
Registered
100 Posts
It goes from 2.5 into the muffler to 2.25 out of the muffler

·
Gaaoooooo
13,572 Posts
nbm032003 said:
It goes from 2.5 into the muffler to 2.25 out of the muffler
I believe that is correct, I atleast know for certain that it is 2.5" inlet.

·
Z400 Ridin in Back
279 Posts
If your getting the 40 flowmaster, also go with bigger pipe all the way back, 2.5 or 3". I use to have a 40 flowmaster just welded in place of the stock muffler with all stock piping and it was so quiet you could barely tell i had it on. Then i went to a high flow cat magnaflow muffler and turndown deffinately louder but still a little quiet for my liking, now i have the same minus the turndown and 3" pipe from the muffler back. Now its not to bad sounds good while driving but quiet at idle, i think if i had a flowmaster it would be louder. My brother has the same magnaflow on his 95 ss and its way louder and nicer sounding than mine, so don't expect the same type of sound that the newer s10;s get. I think headers will be next, cause i like'em loud. Anyways good luck.

·
FactorY RolliN
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well ive been looking around and apparently the original 40 series is the loudest flomaster.. now im gonna wanna run stock pipe size to the muffler.. then 3 inch from the muffler to the back of my blazer ? in opinions what would be loudest for the least money

·
Z400 Ridin in Back
279 Posts
Stock size to the muffler then 3" pipe after should be good thats what i'd do, let us know how it sounds:)

·
No S-Series... Just a GTO
11,225 Posts
Ok... Performance, and legal....I dont want anything too loud, but Im looking to run a Flowmaster 40 series single in dual out with tips.. Will this be really loud? I dont want to sound like a ricer.. I have a 98SS 4.3L

·
Z400 Ridin in Back
279 Posts
On a 98 ss that will sound really good, kinda loud but a good loud:bugeye:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts