S-10 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
1,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i know i have seen a sick green 1st gen with the entire front that pivots foreward from somewhere behind the bumper... HOW IS THIS DONE?...WHAT KIND OF BRACING WOULD YOU NEED...AND WHAT KIND OF HINGE WOULD YOU USE TO KEEP THE WHOLE THING FROM BOUNCING AROUND?

i want the hood and fenders smoothed out (one peice) and the entire thing to flip foreward... i'm a big dragrace fan and just love when the funnies are lifted open to show all their naked glory.

thanks for the help guys and galls

·
Registered
200 Posts
i have seen a full fiberglass front somewhere, cant remember exactly where though, i think fiberglass unlimited has them, might wanna do a search, that would be the way to go, light and one piece, i think you can even get them with the hinge, i will probably do that to mine some time later.
Oh crap, looks like tuckinrim has that covered already... woops:rolleyes:

·
Banned
1,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks guys i'll give them a call, because eventhough it will be heavier i think i want to mod my front end and do it to it...
btw... does anyone know what green truck i'm talking about? It was some guy that said it was his dads truck, painted all green... just wondering because i wish i saved the pics.

thanks again!

·
illusivedreams.org
3,878 Posts
CUSTOMSTREET 85' said:
thanks guys i'll give them a call, because eventhough it will be heavier i think i want to mod my front end and do it to it...
btw... does anyone know what green truck i'm talking about? It was some guy that said it was his dads truck, painted all green... just wondering because i wish i saved the pics.

thanks again!
Guess you lucked out with a 83-92 complete front end. I had sent ya a PM about this. Did you read it? Wish they had a fiberglass front end of the 94+, but yeah, I would just modify the existing front end for this.

·
Registered
462 Posts
think its possible to drill the hood underside to bolt to the fenders then at the rad support put big hinges on like from a mack truck or somethin, then use a camaro trunk popper and latch to pull the whole asembly flush at the wiper cowel?just a thought.

·
Banned
1,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yea too bad the complete frontend is so damn expensive still... i think i will just mod my front end and smooth everything out... just need to figure out how the fenders will clear the doors, and also how it will hinge and latch... these are some good ideas though

thanx

·
illusivedreams.org
3,878 Posts
CUSTOMSTREET 85' said:
yea too bad the complete frontend is so damn expensive still... i think i will just mod my front end and smooth everything out... just need to figure out how the fenders will clear the doors, and also how it will hinge and latch... these are some good ideas though

thanx
Chris - suicide the doors so the fenders clear, or cut part of the fenders so the whole fender doesnt move!

·
Registered
1 Posts
i have a 93 s10 blazer i made my own hinges and it bolts to the frame i dont know how to load pics of my build to here but i can help ya out

1 - 11 of 11 Posts