S-10 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Sittin on 20"
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2000 s-10 LS 4 cylinder 5 speed. My engine ligh is on and i brings up code 1137. I am not sure if my truck is FLEX fuel or not, how can you tell? Thanks in advance for your help.:rant:

·
Oh shit....
11 Posts
domesticracer1 said:
I have a 2000 s-10 LS 4 cylinder 5 speed. My engine ligh is on and i brings up code 1137. I am not sure if my truck is FLEX fuel or not, how can you tell? Thanks in advance for your help.:rant:

whats flex fuel? is that that new thing that chevy is doing with the corn?

·
mini' less.... :(
436 Posts
flex fuel is a something the automakers are doing so that some vehicles can run on the e85 ethanol or plain gas, you can tell usually by the VIN #, a flex fuel truck has a number 5 in the 8th spot on the VIN, a non flex fuel truck is a number 4, it has all to do with emissions and other bs that the government is making them comply with.

·
436 Posts
oh and there are 2 o2 sensors, one on the exhaust manifold under the hood, on the driver side, and one behind the catalytic converter on the passenger side under the truck, back by the door.

·
Xtremely Unique Mod
20,540 Posts
prolly before the cat, considering the one after the cat is a different code, because mine has gone bad haha.

Also do a free carfax check and it tells you.

·
436 Posts
i know the one for the after cat sensor is a P0420, call the dealer ship or o'reillys or autozone they should be able to tell you for sure what that code is.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts