S-10 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a completely stock truck except for having a 135psi air horn rig in it. It is a 99 2.2 s10 4x2. I want to put flamethrower exhaust on it, but can't find too much information. Will it work with the stock exhaust? I don't really know... please help

·
THE ONE THE ONLY
141 Posts
ok the easyest way to do it(not the most profesional by any means) but tap in a fiting to accept a little propane bottle into your exhaust(mount it close but safetly close!!!!!!) with the propane hooked up you can find a electric sparker(kinda like a spark plug but more like the thing for a outdoor grill or like the one for a stove (where you can find these i have no idea proably go searching through home depot) then all ya need is a remote bottle opener and your set...or theirs another way to do it to..in Truckin their an 2 page add towards the rear for shaving doors and stuff and theirs a kit on the top right hand side of the second page(that so sad i remembered that) i would proably go with the kit cause it's all their and you might end up spending money on all the parts you need for it and costing more(done that before)

·
Registered
84 Posts
You mean like this?

It's funny how this thread just came up I was just gonna post this up here before I saw your thread. I finally had time this weekend to get my set up installed.

·
Registered
84 Posts
mrshaft696 said:
Personally, I wouldn't use that type of ignition. All it does is cuts the spark from you motor and sends it to a coil and plug in your tailpipe. This is also where it gets the extra fuel. The unburnt gas from the motor is blown throught the tailpipe. This also won't work well, if at all with the cat in place. The flame won't be big at all, just a small blueish flame.

I built a seperate ignition system so I can have spark anytime I wan't and then used a fuel solenoid from a wet nitrous kit to give it gas anytime I want.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'd host it, i serve a website from home http://3percent.kicks-ass.org, dont get the wrong opinion about the password request, I'd make it readily available to the public w/o password. Do you have any pics of the setup itself?

·
S-Clusive's Jester
3,085 Posts
imagine if you backfired. nice job

·
Registered
84 Posts
heavymetlhed said:
I'd host it, i serve a website from home http://3percent.kicks-ass.org, dont get the wrong opinion about the password request, I'd make it readily available to the public w/o password. Do you have any pics of the setup itself?
All I have is is a picture of the ignition I built. I will crawl under the truck and take some when I get the time.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts