S-10 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is a pic of my glovebox. I just finished it last night. I did all the masking/painting myself. I will have to get some closeups so you can see the fine details and pinstripe etc. But this gives you the basic idea. What do you think?

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
another view....

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
last one for now. I will have to get a few shots tomorrow when it is light out, cause just the flash on this camera doesn't show the true color of the green. It is actually really close to that hok candy apple green, with metallic yellow faded edges.

·
Ahhhhhhhhh Satisfying!!!
5,174 Posts
VERY NICE!!!! Keep up the good work......

Caleb

·
True Ambition
3,527 Posts
looking good!

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Justin, i wasn't planning on it cause i didn't want to have to ask for another saturday off........but i checked my work schedule and i don't have to work, so will prob. be down for it. I better put my valance back on...right now i am just rollin around with the stock front bumper w/o lower valance...cause i was fitting the new ss gen 3 cover. Hmmmm.. I'll figure it out.
By the way, thanks for the compliments.

Eric

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
here is the closeup i promised....

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I learned after spending over six hours on the dash bezel a few weeks ago that there is an easier way. On this piece i just used a wax and grease remover (important to remove contaminants before sanding, otherwise you will scratch them into the plastic). Once i wiped it down with the wax and grease remover, i hit it with some 320 to scuff it a bit, then a couple coats of primer/filler found at a local auto parts store. That filled the texture pretty well, and then i just wet sanded it smooth. Once it was all done, i sprayed the blue........then layed down the flames and went from there. Thanks for the compliments.

Eric

·
NTBSSHEVN
9,248 Posts
Looks cool. I like it.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
lowridin69, I am not sure what you are refferring to as decals. If you are talking about the flames.....I painted those with my airbrush! I designed and painted everything you see. Just wanted to clarify that.

·
Low Clearance
208 Posts
WoW!! im amazed with yur talent " mildkustom00" i gotta hand it to ya man.. looks dope... keep up the nice work man ..

now yall are gonna call me a retard for asking this question, but if sumone could answer that would be great.. yall ready for this.... how do you wet sand??
Maybe im not understanding it the right way, my buddy told me about it, and i know when yur done wetsanding its makes the surface really smooth, i just wanna know the proper way to do so.. if ya could help me out with that it would be great.. thanx

·
ROD TWISTIN MEMBER
3,808 Posts
:lol: You get really fine sandpaper like 320-1500 and just sand but you keep applying water kinda like a lubercant (sp)

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
well, that is basically it. It helps keep the pores or grit of the sandpaper from clogging up....cause if they get filled with extra dust from sanding it can actually create larger surface scratches than you want. You generally use a pretty liberal amount of water to keep the surface and the sandpaper fairly clean. BTW...i don't think thats a stupid question, cause alot of people might not know without having been familiar with prep work or sanding.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts