S-10 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have an old ass camaro that i need to get rid of. It has a spun rod. How can a fix this so it runs and i can sell it? i heard something about putting an oversized on it...would this work? thanks

·
Registered
321 Posts
If you spun a rod bearing,you distorted,and enlarged the rod diameter.The crank will be damaged too.The only real way to fix it is to have the rod resized,they take material off the rod cap then bore the opening back to the orginal size.The crank will have to be turned to get rid of the gouges the old bearing put in it.That's where the oversized bearing comes in,it makes up for the material taken off to clean the crank.

Doesn't sound like that is what you wanted to do.I don't know of any way to cheat it just to get rid of it.Short of,70 weight oil and don't sell it to anyone who knows you or where you live.LOL

·
Registered
19 Posts
What year model is it? I might be interested in it. What size motor, tranny, rearend. What kinna shape is it in, and how much would you take for it, as is. Oh yeah and where do you live?

Bit

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
from arizona i believe.
79 z28 non t-top...350 4bolt i think..4sp automatic i think-recently rebuilt, posi rear, rear air shocks
new ac compresser, i have title
body is perfect, not one dent that i know of, no noticable surface rust.
guy that owned it before me rattle canned grey primer to the exterior--its flaking off...base color is beige. the front nose (bumper area) is brown...i dont know why this was replaced or painted.
the int. needs restored/replaced---i have all new weatherstripping/it goes with car.

i got this car in a bad situation...an old somewhat buddy needed a truck to move from ok...so i let him use my old truck while i drove the camaro (at the time i was considering buying it) I DID NOT KNOW THE REAR MAIN WAS LEAKING...so it ran out of oil...i was forced into buying it.

the door latch catch on the drivers side has been replaced...this car has been stolen before. The guy i bought it from was fixin to clean it up--thats where the weatherstripping came from.

ive probably spent a total of 45 min in the car...its been sitting since...2.5 years. I hate looking at it cause i got screwed over it.
thats the extent of my knowledge...ill get you more if your interested...ive been meaning to put it into the ft worth telegram just havent had time.

i want a grand for it, but i dont thinks thats gonna happen for a few years..i had a buyer but his wife wouldnt let him buy it..a few months til its a classic!!

the car is out between azle and weatherford--just west of fort worth

interested?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts