Discussion Starter #5
More work done

wheels

engine to be swapped out with syclone engine

·
Ford Diesel Tech
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
truck runs fine when i got it it spent 3 days on a lift getting a complete overhaul bushings, knuckles, bearings everything i have not rebuilt the motor or the trans just new fluids, i plan to rebuild the trans with a camaro kit during motor swap

·
Pewter member
2,513 Posts
ok cool.

·
Ford Diesel Tech
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
the first pics were from 07 the truck has more to come

·
ASE certified MasterTech
8,695 Posts
Good work, not my style but good job anyway. Sy motor eh, gonna be a sleeper? Only down side is you wont have AWD. It's your project so you do what ya want but I would avoid paying all that extra money on SY parts when you can build it up in a different way and still gain HP.

·
Ford Diesel Tech
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
im gonna check on the sy parts i already have another 4.3 motor from a 90 s10 i just need the heads, intake manifold, turbo, intercooler, and the computer i didnt want the awd it is a viscous coupling and its too much work to install im gonna check price to build syclone motor or ill just buy a gm performance 290HP 350 long block

·
Got me a Stepside!
385 Posts
good looking truck like the color my .02 not that it matters but I would loose that visor thing and get a black or green soft or flushmount bed cover.

·
Ford Diesel Tech
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
the topper is for my dogs its hard to take a trip with 2 people and 2 dogs in the cab the bed has a green rhino-liner and carpetting

·
Ford Diesel Tech
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
well this is an old thread but here are a couple updates
wheels 18/20 combo

also tinted the euro tails
put these on they suck i still gotta take them off

subs

amp

got hit leaving school

its fixed now the wheel pic is the most recent

·
Ford Diesel Tech
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
ok the djm lowers also moved my passenger wheel back an inch in the wheel opening but that should straighten out when i put the stocks back on but my question is will the wheel move back out of center if i put drop spindles on the truck?

·
Ford Diesel Tech
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
oh and i threw the truck on a DB meter at the clubs last meet 2 RE 8s on 200W wired at 4 Ohms i hit 123Db at 51HZ not too bad for a box thats too small for the subs and I just picked up 2 more of them so a new box build is in the works

·
Ford Diesel Tech
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
well had some running issues with the truck losing power and backfiring through the intake. plugs, wires, rotor, and cap fixed that
ordered 2inch drop spindles and 3 inch drop blocks from suspension source (thanks Kris)
just waiting for some funds to order my poly control arm bushings. after the drop im gonna work on getting a set of zq8 sway bars. i also did an alternator swap from the cs130 to the 96 impala big case 140A alternator

·
Ford Diesel Tech
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Got a new amplifier in the truck got a Rockford Punch 200M on the subs gonna get some picks of all this ish tomorrow

·
Ford Diesel Tech
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
pics of stuff
alternator

truck pics

1 - 20 of 98 Posts