S-10 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Mine's got a fat block
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Update for the Summer:
Okay, swapped in the 4.10's for the hell of a chance, (and drove to/from Rod Run in Pigeon Forge, TN) Went to Oklahoma for the 1/4 mile: best of 1.72 60' - 7.66 1/8 @92.31 - [email protected] 1/4 @1352 altitude. On the way home, stopped by Centerville, AR for best yet: 1.60 60'- 7.45 @92.31 1/8 - [email protected] 1000'. Altitude - 350-ish(Sorry, no 1/4 mi. times there, or 1000' in OK). Did some carb and tire pressures in AR, but nothing else.
A touch more tuning then the juice goes on.

Thought I'd touch base as it's been a while. Ya'll stay safe.
Regards,
Stretch

·
LSx and V8 Mod
4,204 Posts

·
Mine's got a fat block
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Good times. Wish I'd known ....I would have got the little mater out and came up.
Might try to make it to C'Ville or Two Lane Blacktop this weekend. Look me up if you're around.

[A 7.45 1/8th is equivalent to around an 11.50-11.60 1/4 mile.]
Yeah, I'm kinda feeling like 2-3 tenths slower in OK should have made that up. Not wanting to project "should be this quick" times though.
I have a few tuning changes up the ol sleeve also. I'd like to bump up the limiter and shift out at 6500, and add a little more timing a little later in the curve. Ultimately, a higher stall or brake may be needed. I'd really like to see 7.20-somethings N/A before the spray.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Hey Stretch...you an Arky? Gonna try Two-Lane on the 4th(working this weekend). It's only 28 miles from my house and I still haven't been other than to look around on a closed day. What headers are you using?

·
Mine's got a fat block
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey Stretch...you an Arky? Gonna try Two-Lane on the 4th(working this weekend). It's only 28 miles from my house and I still haven't been other than to look around on a closed day. What headers are you using?
Hey Hiway, I'm more of a transplant Arky type. Been here (J'ville) the last three years. Heard about Two Lane Blacktop from a local when I was at the 1/4 track in OK... Said he was from up there. A few of my buds from LRRS have been there and said it was pretty fun, no b.s., and just good ole racing.

As for headers; home-made. Sanderson (I think) makes a set of fender-wells for over a grand. I'll stick that money in the heads, trans, 9-inch -- the list could go on.

I'll let ya know how I do (if I go) or I'll try again the weekend you'll be there.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Yea...give me a shout next time you go. Me and the old man usually take an 80 Malibu and the S10 out together. We are due for a track trip. You make your headers from a kit?

·
Mine's got a fat block
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yea...give me a shout next time you go. Me and the old man usually take an 80 Malibu and the S10 out together. We are due for a track trip. You make your headers from a kit?
Hey there, will give a shout when I'm going next. Work precluded an outing this weekend. For the headers: a whole lot of beer, cussing, bleeding knuckles to get the home-built kit going.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts