S-10 Forum banner

first time

3K views 74 replies 10 participants last post by  Offthehook 
#1 ·
ok i want to do a 2/3 drop and i want to do it myself cause the shop charges 500$ or more 200 for install and no springs eathor just block and some other stuff ok so i wanna know is it hard some links for parts and links for install and things i should watch out for and tricks all the info is in my sig im tired of people saying am i going offroad lol ok so any help is appriciated.

#2 · (Edited)
summitracing.com is the best place i have found.. great service and reliablity

bel 2100 spindles 149.99

http://store.summitracing.com/defau...itpart&searchtype=both&part=bel-2100&x=16&y=0

bel 6200 blocks 21.95

http://store.summitracing.com/defau...pe=bysummitpart&searchtype=both&part=bel-6200

some $7 charge... and free shipping.. so basically 7 for shipping
outta their for under way under $200
No new shocks needed i believe.. i didnt need em for mine they said i dont

install is not hard at all for blocks...... 30 mins if you have a sawzall

need a pickle fork to get the control arm off up front
(you can rent this stuff at like autozone or local shop)

#4 ·
well sawzalls jst make it easier.i think.. unless you have a BIG air compressor tank, because i used air tool, and it t00k forever cuz the tank would run out of air.. and you have to let it fill back up, and then grind at em for a few seconds then let it fill up, it WAS HELL it took forever to do...

you probly only need to cut off maybe half the bumpstop, or just cut it all off, i dont think you need to cut off the bracket or anything like i had to do unless you plan on going lower later, just cut it all off now so you dont have to worry about it later

#6 ·
drop the front with spindles, i think theirs a HOW TO on it.. not sure though...

#10 ·
offthehook said:
is it hard or easy to do spindles and block for the blocks do u just bolt them up or weld them
Just U bolts for the blocks.

Spindles are actually very easy to do,a little time consuming, but not hard. The directions make it look harder than it actually is... but follow them and you will be all set.

#12 ·
offthehook said:
is it hard or easy to do spindles and block for the blocks do u just bolt them up or weld them

ya blocks just slip in between axle and leaf, then U bolt em down!

Spindles.. like Pewter2000ls said. there easy to do.. just VERY time consuming, a second set of hands would be helpful, let me look around for some kind of directions.. just to get you the right way

#15 ·
yea 1. i understand how to do the blocks but hints and tips are good
2. i have no clue where the spindles go any pics or help is needed
3.on everyones stock truck between the leaf and axle is there like a 1 inch spacer cause i have one. and do you take it off or leave it

#17 ·
offthehook said:
yea 1. i understand how to do the blocks but hints and tips are good
2. i have no clue where the spindles go any pics or help is needed
3.on everyones stock truck between the leaf and axle is there like a 1 inch spacer cause i have one. and do you take it off or leave it
The links above have some good info. I would not use the pickle fork if you can avoid it though. Don't put pressure on the control arm with the jack...first loosen the castle nuts on the spindle BUT DON'T REMOVE THEM!! Lossen them like it says...till they are about flush with the top of the ball joint...then smack the spindle right were the ball joint is. The pressure from the coil should seperate the ball joint, but the castle nuts will stop it. Then jack the suspension up and take the spindle out.

The block on your leafs is just a pad for the axle to sit on...you leave it in.

PM me if you have any questions.

#18 · (Edited)
yep couldn't have explained it any better.... thats everything, it be smart before you put your wheel back on get a grease gun and grease up the ball joints...

#20 ·
YZF450Rider said:
Well becasue you couldn't have explained it in the first place :thumbup:
heh :shoot:

but be sure you tighten everything down.. torque wrench in ft. pounds..

#23 ·
BellTech spindles come with instructions...but they might as well be Rorschach ink blots for pictures! If you get them and have questions...just post here or PM me. I might even be convinced to pull my wheel off, take a picture, and insert circles and arrows if you want.

#24 ·
The General said:
BellTech spindles come with instructions...but they might as well be Rorschach ink blots for pictures! If you get them and have questions...just post here or PM me. I might even be convinced to pull my wheel off, take a picture, and insert circles and arrows if you want.
heres a picture you can play with if you want.....

#25 ·
The General said:
lol thanks but i dont think ou wanna go that far go xtreme has some pics if you wanna try that

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.