S-10 Forum banner
41 - 60 of 75 Posts
offthehook said:
so if you take off the spindles it can pop off

ya just like that one pic i sent you.. with the jack under the control arm...

CenTex said:
Most of all don't forget to place a jack under the control arm and put some slight pressure on the suspension.

If you don't, the spring could pop out and do some serious damage.
The spring will not come out if the shock is still in place. When doing spindles there is no need to remove the shock so the spring won't be a problem. The swaybar end link also holds the lower control arm in place... there is no way for the spring to move the lower contol arm enough for it to come out with the bar still attached. You're scaring him for nothing.

Discussion starter · #47 ·
ok im gonna order is this the part
BEL-2100

$149.95

This part fits the following applications:
Make Model Year
BUICK CENTURY 1980 - 1981
BUICK GRAND NATIONAL 1980 - 1987
BUICK REGAL 1980 - 1987
CHEVROLET EL CAMINO 1980 - 1987
CHEVROLET MALIBU 1980 - 1987
CHEVROLET MONTE CARLO 1980 - 1987
CHEVROLET S10 BLAZER 2WD 1983 - 1997
CHEVROLET S10 PICKUP 2WD 1982 - 1997
GMC S15 JIMMY 2WD 1983 - 1997
GMC S15 PICKUP 2WD 1982 - 1990
GMC SONOMA 2WD 1991 - 1997

cause it says up to 1997 i got a 2000 so mabie im wrong

also mabie someone could make a list of everything i need to get b4 the install tools sizes thet pickel fork thing thanks

where did you find those years at? :confused: summit doesn't mention any years..... those are the wrong ones that are on my truck according to that list.! :eek:

offthehook said:
where are the correct ones

i thought those ones were.. lol.... where did you get that info from? link?

GO_XTREME said:
where did you find those years at? :confused: summit doesn't mention any years..... those are the wrong ones that are on my truck according to that list.! :eek:
If you go to Summit and search that part number, open it, then click on application it has that list he posted. Summit never updates their application guides... just because it stops at 1997 does not mean they don't work after that. It has been the same basic truck from 1982-2003. Please stop confusing him.

They are the right spindles.

Only thing you really need is a set of tools and a hammer. You could rent a pickle fork but it will probably damage the ball joint boots... not good. You might want to get bearing grease so you can repack the front bearings when you put them back on, though.

Oh yeah... a torque wrench.

You don't take the boots off... you just remove the ball joints from the spindle. I used a hammer like others in this thread have said. If you use a pickle fork you will probably rip the boot... that would be more money.

Yeah...just make DAMN sure you only loosen them. It will be one hell of a surprise if you take them off and WHAM!!! the lower control arm hits the floor!

41 - 60 of 75 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.