S-10 Forum banner
21 - 40 of 75 Posts
BellTech spindles come with instructions...but they might as well be Rorschach ink blots for pictures! If you get them and have questions...just post here or PM me. I might even be convinced to pull my wheel off, take a picture, and insert circles and arrows if you want.

The General said:
BellTech spindles come with instructions...but they might as well be Rorschach ink blots for pictures! If you get them and have questions...just post here or PM me. I might even be convinced to pull my wheel off, take a picture, and insert circles and arrows if you want.
heres a picture you can play with if you want.....

Discussion starter · #25 ·
The General said:
lol thanks but i dont think ou wanna go that far go xtreme has some pics if you wanna try that

offthehook said:
how would i know
Mainly what he means is if they spin in the control arm then they need replaced...other than that look for rust(water got in the boot) or severe gouges on the surface of the ball joint.

See if this helps...first pic:
Yellow=Where dust cap should be(pry off with flat head)
Red=Castle nut & cotter pin for spindle
Green=Brake caliper(green dots show where allen head bolts hold it on from inside)

Second pic:

Green=Castle nut & cotter pin for tie rod end
Blue=Sway bar end link. Goes through lower control arm, has 4 bushings(note how they come apart), metal spacer, and a nut on top.
Red=Castle nuts & cotter pins for ball joints. Located behind spindle.
Yellow=Brake back plate. Circles are where it bolts to the spindle. I believe the one on the left goes through the ABS sensor(yellow crosshatch). I removed the ABS sensor from the back plate and hung it up like the brake caliper so it wouldn't dangle by the wiring. I also removed the ABS wire from (I think) the forward wire loom on the back plate because it was pinching during turns. The dotted line at the bottom is where I cut the back plate so it wouldn't squeak on the lower control arm lip.

Any help??

Discussion starter · #30 ·
yea that helped alot is there any thing i should know about the brakes will theuy fall off or somethingor come apart or like the abs wont work if i dont hook them up im just worried that i will do something wrong

The caliper is held on by the allen head bolts through the back...once you loosen them you will have to pull them out to release the caliper...hold on to it and wire it to the frame with a metal coat hanger or something to keep it from hanging by the hose. The pads may slip out, but they just clip back in. You may have to take a c-clamp and press the caliper back in a "little"(don't turn it in a whole lot. I've heard you can mess up the ABS by forcing fluid backward through it) to make room when you reinstall them. The ABS is a sensor...if you look at the back side of the rotor you can see the gear like teeth on the inside that the sensor "reads". Just don't yank on the sensor too hard and put it back the way it came off and your in there. The brakes aren't difficult to take of and put back on. You don't have to bleed them or anything like that. You aren't messing around with the ABS solenoids so the chances of screwing that system up is pretty slim. Once you take it apart...it's pretty self explanitory going back together. Hint: only do one side at a time, so if you get lost, you can check the other side to make sure it looks right.

i just zip tied the brake rotors to something and let em hang

GO_XTREME said:
i just zip tied the brake rotors to something and let em hang
Rotors or calipers??

that is correct. I didn't even take off the tires when I did my leafs.

doesnt matter.... i did the spindles first cuz they were harder, and i wanted to finish off with something easy.. :p left, right doesnt matter

21 - 40 of 75 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.