S-10 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Plastic Welder
840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone I bought this truck a month ago and started to bag it here is what i done so far, remember this is the first time I have ever done this so please be kind.

This is what it looked like when i bought it.

This is where I'm at now, I was going to wait until I put in the upper bag mount before i cut the frame out.

·
many faces
361 Posts
what kit you have????

·
many faces
361 Posts
the only bad thing i see so far is your notches... you shouldnt of grindd down the welds cus that makes them weaker but it will be fine i was reading and it said grinding your welds make them weaker.. you could have just bondo over the notches to make them smooth instead of welding them but it looks good so far

·
Registered
917 Posts
s10_boy said:
you could have just bondo over the notches to make them smooth instead of welding them

I hope to god that you mean bondo over the weld, not hold the metal together with bondo. Don't worry about grinding the welds down, you'll be fine so long as there are no cracks in the weld.:D :D

·
many faces
361 Posts
no bondo over there weld so like a layer of bondo over the weld so it looks smooth... cus thats what my friend did and painted his... eyah i was jsut readign in a welding book that it was bad to grind them down cus it weakens the weld a bit so thats all i know lol :) but yeah lol lets jsut bondo the notch and see if it holds heheheheh :scary:

·
murse
13,200 Posts
pretty cool. nice.

·
Plastic Welder
840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah I know to make sure there are no cracks, and I grounded them down because the looked like crap and just putting bondo over them wouldn't cut it. I have the SD Bridge kit, and for the time being i am going to monoleaf it because i spent all my money on the tank, valves, lines, bags and brackets. You don't have much money when you live on your own and go to school full time. Check out my daily driver.

I did everything to it myself when I live at home with my mom, in her driveway.

·
Plastic Welder
840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
When I first got that car I did it because I wanted to be different, know one has done it in my town. They all have hondas.

·
<~*The Pimp*->
411 Posts
Yeah what kind of welder are you using on there? That looks like your using mig or flux core?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts