S-10 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this is my first post and i plan on gettting a 95ish s10 and i like to research before i do anything.....so heres the question for u brains....how much, if any do i need to lower a stock s10, if i plan on baggin it, cuz when i park i want to be able to drop it to the floor, meanin an inch and lower.

so help me out...do i need to drop before bagging or can i just get bags to get that low?

thanks guys....im new to the lowering end of trucks so no mocking!!

Nickzilla----"ROOOOOOOOAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRR"

·
/=||=/
589 Posts
you need 2" spindles in front and blocks in the rear to lay it out...

if you are gonna bag it, bag it and dont lower first... i slammed mine first and wish i hadnt now cuz im scrounging for the 800 bucks for airbag parts that i blew on drop parts.

thats my opinion tho

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
2 inch blocks in rear? or 3?

bags expensive? i wanna be able to go front to back, side to side, pancake....ect.

thanks

·
The Researcher
610 Posts
If u are going to bad

almost right away, don't even bother with blocks and scrap the leafs. Go straight to a 3 or 4 link.

Spindles up front and a bag kit, rear bag kit, compressor kit. Price wise, anywhere from $1800 and up for a complete system.

·
SubCulture
371 Posts
The only thing I would buy right away is 2" drop spindles. Everything will be a waist of cash. Do a lot of planning, research and ask questions on forums like this. Nothing worse then waisting money if not necessary, especially on a tight budget. The front is basic, but really consider your rear set-up, many options and opinions. Good luck

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OK THEN BOYS what are my rear options???

spindles in the front. what about the back

keep in mind i want a ncie engine, maybe and LS-1 or LT-1 vette/maro engine....will that make a diff other than the extra 140-200 extra pounds, depending on what i start with?

·
little pink pink
5,036 Posts
3-link or 4-link is how I would go...

However right now with my v8 I am running a 4" angle block with just the top and bottom leafs out of the pack. I pulled the middle two leaves and I don't have axle wrap nor wheel hop. But I do plan to upgrade.

www.silverstarcustoms.com has a triangluar 4link for $250

You'll also need a notch and bag brackets! that will set you back another $250-$375 depending on where you buy it.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
do bag brackets come with a full bag kit?

and this link stuff.......is that another way of lowering? because i know u can get a 3/3 drop complete from summit for 259....thats belltech. and what ur talkin seems to cost more......so what about just gettin the 3/3 drop then baggin it?

also, do all bags have the same amount of drop and raise? what is it like 6 inches drop/raise? again i may sound like a novice cuz...well i am, i am used to raisin em up....not slammin em down, so help is much appreciated, critisim is not, but im always up for a good joke!!

and how much can cnotching run?

actually....forget all the individual prices. what would it cost to get all the parts and everything included to drop the body below 1 inch when im parked....ball park number so i know what im up against.....not including labor i or friends can do that ourselves. thanks guys!!!!

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
I paid $800-$900 (don't remember exactly) for a full kit from PIK fabrications. Thats bags, brackets, tank, line, fittings, compressor, switchbox, & valves. The only drawback is that I got small valves so my setup isn't that fast. I should have gotten their 1/2" setup. Its only a couple hundred or so more but I didn't realize it at the time.

·
Registered
132 Posts
nickzilla what everyone is trying to say is that the only thing you need to buy is spindles. The bags replace the coilsprings up front. In the rear you will replace your leaf springs with different bracket that come with the air bag setup. So there is no need to buy leafsprings or blocks. Hope this clears it up for you. Thanks Jeff....

·
The Researcher
610 Posts
I don't trust

PIK FABS

1 - 12 of 12 Posts