S-10 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i wanted to do a axel under leaf spring conversion and a front 3 inch spindle lift what i want to know is will i need blocks on the rear to level it out and will i be able to put 30s under it and whare is the cheapest place to get spindles ????

·
Registered
745 Posts
the spring over axle conversion will give you ~5 inches of lift, you wont need blocks at all. You truck will have some serious rake to it if you do a SOA and only a spindle up front. If you look at BillsDuster's truck, he has lift spindles, coils and long travel up to be level with his SOA in the back. You would be better off with spindles up front and 1.5-3" shackles in the back. You could get some dick cepek 2" coils while you are at it. You could just install it all at one time. That should give you enough lift to clear 30s easy and level it out. Check ebay for spindles or the classifieds here or on dezertdimes or race-dezert. You should be able to find the spindles for ~270 and coils for ~30-50

Here is a link to BillsDuster's thread with some pics in it.
http://www.s10forum.com/forum/f219/whos-goin-long-travel-here-438231/index2.html

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.