S-10 Forum banner
241 - 260 of 290 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #241 ·
I love the way this looks! I think when I did mine my tires were 26 or 26.5" tall but that was with a stock wheel and tire (I forget what profile the tire was). But I measured for that and when I put my 20's on with a 25 series tire, it worked out great.
Gotcha. I have tires for the rear that are 27" tall that I'm using for mock up on the rear. I think next weekend I should be able to get the rear link done and on air. Also going to my buddy's house that has an LS....so I may be going that route, boosted haha

·
Premium Member
3,007 Posts
Looking sharp. 28" to be safe with new tires and meaty tires. My 2 cents. Will give you a bit of wiggle room with offset also.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #244 ·
Well the truck is on the back burner right now. The shop I was renting came to an end cause the people needed the rest of the space. I found new space but it's not done being built for another month or so. So here is my hauling some of my shit to my storage unit haha

·
No Money Noma
722 Posts
Man that sucks! I can't say much though because I haven't touched my truck in almost a month. Idk about where you're from but it's been like record heat around here and every time I go to the shop, I start to mess with it and give up within the first hour. Hopefully by the time they get your new place done, it'll have cooled off a little.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #246 ·
Man that sucks! I can't say much though because I haven't touched my truck in almost a month. Idk about where you're from but it's been like record heat around here and every time I go to the shop, I start to mess with it and give up within the first hour. Hopefully by the time they get your new place done, it'll have cooled off a little.
I live in Utah so it's hit and miss haha. Lately it's been high 90s and in the 100s this week but I'm sure once I get to the new spot it'll be alright and I acquired a little swamp cooler haha. Sucks too cause I'm close to having it on air and I got more parts cut for the rear...but now it's all gotta wait. But I'll keep you updated. It'll bet nice to be in some space by myself too though I'm excited not to have to share it with anyone now haha

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #247 ·
So a buddy of mine has a full size that's bodied that he's building and has extra room for all of my shit so I'm moving in there this weekend and getting back to the truck. Can't wait. Also pick up this 98 s10 4.3 152000 miles as a new daily and I wanna get it closer to the earth haha so since I have never had just a static truck you guys should she'd some light on what I should go with drop spindles, springs, etc...

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #249 ·
springs and blocks. quick and easy and move back to the project. remember it's just a daily....not a new project. 2"front/3"back and drive the shit out of it.
Haha ya I know what you mean I'm definitely not tearing it down I just want it a little lower. I just can't leave anything alone. I should be back on the project early next week though. I'll be settled in the shop this weekend and I have some kinda big changes for the truck too haha I'm stoked. I'll be back on the progress very soon

·
Registered
816 Posts
very nice work... and big props for doing the front clip.. not many do that. they just use the stock front clip...

but i love this.... cant wait to see it done.. or at least with body on and on the ground...

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #251 ·
So I know I'm gonna catch some shit for this but here it goes haha. Basically I hated the the frame, and I went overboard with the dimples. So I built a new frame, bag cups, and halfway linked it in 3 days. I kept the front clip though. Kept the notch the same style minus the dimples and made it a little shorter.Not too bad for cutting everything by hand with a plasma including the notch on the bag cups. So here's some pics haha

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #253 ·
Wow! You're a lot more brave than I am. Looks great though. I wish I had that kind of motivation to do that much work in such a short amount of time.
Right before I had to move shops I decided I didn't like the dimples everywhere and nothing was fitting how I wanted it to so I had my buddy cut out a new notch for me. Got settled in the new shop, got metal, and had a long weekend so I put in 12 hr days to get it where it is now haha. Today I drove out to Colorado as well and picked up a right hand drive rack and pinion from a friend so that will be next on the list as soon as the back half gets done then it will be a rolling chassis at least. I'm loving the way it's lookin now a lot more.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Right before I had to move shops I decided I didn't like the dimples everywhere and nothing was fitting how I wanted it to so I had my buddy cut out a new notch for me. Got settled in the new shop, got metal, and had a long weekend so I put in 12 hr days to get it where it is now haha. Today I drove out to Colorado as well and picked up a right hand drive rack and pinion from a friend so that will be next on the list as soon as the back half gets done then it will be a rolling chassis at least. I'm loving the way it's lookin now a lot more.
now that will be bad ass... a right hand drive s10.

and again BIG props... your good...

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #257 ·
Alright so I know it's been forever but I'm back on the truck now. I'll get in the details later today but I got a new bender and so I have been workin on the back half. Im doin a triangulated 3 link. The wishbone single pivot is on the axle. Having issues though if someone can shed some light on if the bottom bars are the same length eye hole to hole why would my axle move toward the rear of the truck 1 1/4" through one 6 inches of travel. I have been scratching my head and can't figure it out so if one of you can give me some insight it'd be much appreciated and I'll try to upload a pic or 2.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #258 ·
Here's how it's lookin and I just can't figure it out. Seems like a lot of axle movement for such little travel.

241 - 260 of 290 Posts