S-10 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off I’m not sure if I’m posting in the correct place, but I’d like to share a solution I found.
I’ve got a 1991 S10 2.5 5 speed, and the throttle cable rusted up and broke. The only throttle cables I could find for it were wrong, one end had a ball and the other end had a hole, the original cable from my truck had the little balls on each end. I rigged up one of the available cables for a while as I fixed up the truck, but got to thinking and checked if the throttle cables from the Grumman LLV mailvans were the same. After some research, the cable was the same length, and the ends looked right so I ordered it. I installed it on the truck and it fit perfectly. I’m not sure how common this issue is but I have seen a couple other guys running into the same issue in the past. The throttle cable is still available as of March 2021, but I’m not sure how much longer it will be available considering USPS is finally getting new vans. The part number for the cable is 15622445 if anyone is interested.

·
94 4x4,01 Blazer
2001 Blazer 4dr 4wd LT
1,629 Posts
Many engine parts are the same as they based the drive train off of the 1st gen S-10

1 - 2 of 2 Posts