S-10 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was replacing the heater core on my truck today and while everything was apart i decided to look into why the vents and the defroster were not working.

on the drivers side of the heater is a vacume diaphram. the bolt that comes out of the diaphram is sopposed to be hooked to the air gate by a little clip. i cannot for the life of me figure out how the clip connects the two. sorry to be so vague on terminology but i loaned my digital camera to a friend that recently had a baby or i would take a pic.

any help is graetly appreciated.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
i tried to edit for spelling errors and grammer but the limit has passed. someone has to have torn this apart before.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
figured out the deal.

it would seem that i did not have all the pieces to the puzzle. turns out there is a white plastic nut missing from the vacume diaphram rod/bolt. it took me a couple of hours and a trip the the parts store but i manufactured me one out of a shoulder bolt and a couple of lock nuts.

the heater now changes between heater/vents/defrosters.

may have to send chevy a letter on how to re-engineer their plastic clips?

·
Registered
4 Posts
it seems that some if these little trucks work on a prayer and faith..I love my s10 and wouldnt trade it for a new truck

Iron

1 - 4 of 4 Posts