S-10 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I have a question for all u guys and girls out there about my 91 s10 blazer 4.3 v6 4x4 Tahoe edtion I'm tryna put 36 inch mud tires on it but it has no lift jut stock supsion can someone plz tell me what id have to do to make them fit and be able to turn

·
Been there Done it
12,796 Posts

Did you ever see the edition of Roadkill where the Freiburger and Finnegan use a sawzall to increase the size of the wheel openings to clear oversize tires? W/o a bunch of lift it's about the only way you'll get 36's under a 91 Blazer, too.
If you spend all that money to lift it high enough to clear 36's you'll have a problem keeping the shiny side up because the COG will be way too high.
Here's Roadkill episode 28 for how to open up your fenders. The fun starts at 8.00 minutes in. As they say in the video, if you don't like how it works or looks replacement fenders aren't all that expensive. Way less than a 12" lift kit.

·
Premium Member
1994 GMC Jimmy SLE 4.3 CPI 4x4
732 Posts
Yeah 36” tires ain’t gonna happen, there are no new suspension lifts on the market for our trucks besides the 2.5”. That’ll allow 31” tires, there’s a guy my way with a 2 door 1st gen Blazer body on a K5 frame on 35” tires, that’s about all you’ll be able to do. A solid axle swap may allow 36”, but I’m assuming all this is out of grasp. The 2.5” suspension lift with a 3” body lift and you may be able to go 33”. I don’t know what size wheels these are but the front is the above mentioned combo.

if it was level it would be pretty nice, with the bumper relocated properly.

·
Been there Done it
12,796 Posts
What are those 2 mushroom shaped things sticking out under the front bumper?
Must be my age, the whole Blazer, I don't get it. Big tires that obviously have never been dirty, let alone off road. Why ??? Is it even 4wd?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts