S-10 Forum banner

61 - 75 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
Man you should peep that 1/8" line vs the 1/4". Setup looks super clean man.
Thanks for the positive feedback, nfamus. The 1/8 line would probably bend and be routed much easier but then I would need to change out the fittings, gauges, and run all new line. I got the air management kit through Jason @ Thorbros and he includes the 1/4" line with the kit, hence all 1/4" stuff. I'm only going up to the ac controls so they should tuck up in there pretty decent. As I wait for the front end parts and air line I'm gonna get working on cutting out the notch and wheel wells in the bed. I think I need to section out the second bed rail mount to clear the raised crossmember. More updates coming soon.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
Made a little progress on a few things yesterday. Speedway tie rods are installed. They were super easy to assemble and the threaded steel sleeve made dialing in the measurements a breeze. Props to AndyCG for recommending these to me. Once I get the front end completely aligned I'll get the excess cut off the bottom of the adapter stud. For the most part the front is done. I need to double castle nuts and cotter pins on all the connections as well as check the steering box I just put in because it looked like the pitman seals were already leaking, but hopefully that's not the case.

Worked on getting some of the interior squared away. Once I got a few of the holes welded up and ground down, I wire wheeled the floor pan and sprayed some rubberized under coating. It was a little rusty in some spots but it cleaned up nice. I ordered new door sill clips because the old ones were in pretty bad shape.

I also started on the bed of the truck. For now I have a coat of Herculiner on the bottom of the bed to keep the rust from spreading. Probably going to be sectioning out the wheel wells and notch here in a day or two.

Here's a few pictures of the back again with a little better lighting and the crossmember tabs that were welded on. I think they'll hold.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
Made some progress on the interior bits today. Went to the junkyard and picked up an AC controller and the wiring harnesses to extend the wires into the glove box. The wires probably would have made it but I didn't want to stretch them and end up having to mess with them later so I figured I might as well get it done meow. I also cut a face plate out of wood to mount the AC control to. This thread was super helpful and I pretty much followed it exact: https://www.s10forum.com/threads/glove-box-a-c-gauges.351859/
I made the face plate compression fit so that way if I need to access the panel or wires for whatever reason it will slip right out. Painted it black and pressed it in there. I notched out the glove box to allow the wires room to move as the box opens and closes.

Then I figured since I have an extra AC control I'll just take all the stuff off the back and drill out the face to fit my gauges. I was also able to get the gauges wired up but haven't run the air line yet because I still need to work on the floor. Duplicolor spray on rubberized undercoating sucks, don't ever use it. Anyway, I'm probably gonna paint the gauge mount/old AC control after I strengthen it up with some fiberglass or something, but it will work for the time being.

Also picked up some fresh door panels and got my JL tweets installed but i'm not gonna put the panels in until I get the rest of the interior close to finished.

Gonna work on the floor tomorrow and try to get that crappy undercoating off and put down some Herculiner instead then I can run the air lines and button up the interior. Probably finish the front end tomorrow which includes tightening down the tie rod ends, power steering pump, adding fluid and getting the air cleaner box all put back together. Cheers.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Looks good.
Jealous of those door panels. Look like new.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
Looks good.
I used the Raptor Bed Liner paint and was very pleased with the ease of spraying and the finished product.
picture upload
I've looked through your project build numerous times for some ideas which I'll be incorporating into mine specifically applying undercoating to the back of the cab and front of the bed. I like how it turned out on yours, very clean work. I don't have an air compressor so I'm stuck having to brush on the bed liner materials. If I remember correctly, you mostly sprayed your materials on? Does the raptor coating pretty much go on in one coat if rolled or brushed, or does it need a good base coat then some touch up? Thanks for stopping by and checking out my build.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
Looks good.
Thanks, got them off an 03 ext cab that was parted out for another project. I managed to score the panels and a 60/40 split bench for $160. I've seen just the panels go for that or more.

·
Registered
217 Posts
I've looked through your project build numerous times for some ideas which I'll be incorporating into mine specifically applying undercoating to the back of the cab and front of the bed. I like how it turned out on yours, very clean work. I don't have an air compressor so I'm stuck having to brush on the bed liner materials. If I remember correctly, you mostly sprayed your materials on? Does the raptor coating pretty much go on in one coat if rolled or brushed, or does it need a good base coat then some touch up? Thanks for stopping by and checking out my build.
I sprayed 2 coats. It can be brushed or rolled on as well

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
Not much to update in the last few days. Managed to get all the wiring done inside the cab of the truck and included the switch box, toggle switch for the compressors which will cut the power in case the pressure switch craps the bed on me. Gauges are plumbed and wired, floor and seats were put in along with subs and amp. I screwed up the floor a little when cutting out the hole for the shifter but it was a junkyard find and I'll probably redo the floor at a later date, no big deal.

I still have quite a bit to do but should hopefully have it at least driving by the end of October. I'm out of town for a few weeks and won't be able to work on it unfortunately. I'll get pictures up of the interior in a day or two.

·
Premium Member
2,957 Posts
Great progress. Speedway rods look real clean under there.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #73
Got back from Colorado a few days ago but haven't had any time to work on the truck. Looks like next weekend is my window to get a few things done.
Here's my list of to dos:
Head unit wiring
Fill power steering pump with fluid
Bleed the brakes
Fill trans with fluid
Replace the pinion seal
Double check wheelbase, pinion angle, axle center
Alignment
Exhaust
Bed notch

Thanks for stopping by.

·
Premium Member
2,957 Posts
And wtf is going on with this truck???? Update us sir.

61 - 75 of 75 Posts