S-10 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok so i got a free 9210 today because they were thorwing it away cause of a bad leak. So i take it home hook up to a car battery charger and it satrts building psi. so im like cool. i have a gauge on the tank and i see its going up really slow. but it was only running at 6 amps (cause thats all the charger would allow. So i come inside and 5 minutes later it turns off. So i go out there. its at around 10psi , its off (i dont know why) and there is air coming out the in port. so I took it apart, looks like the little reed valve was setting on some debris. so i think i might have fixed that problem, If you have any ideas or know of any tricks or wanna give me your old broken one so i can make a frakenstine let me know, also as for the pwer thing i think the car charger is shot, its really old and when i hit the clips together it doesnt spark at all. So thanks in advance.

ps. its basically a thomas 317 i believe correct me if i am wrong and i am attaching a pic

·
can i video tape you?
2,360 Posts
little off topic but using a charger will cause the comp to turn off like u said, i dont know why but mine does the same.

·
StraightEdge
503 Posts
that looks like the comp i got for free.... you got any stats on it?

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
S-10 Vinnie said:
that looks like the comp i got for free.... you got any stats on it?

http://airgasmkustomz.com/mcart/index.cgi?code=3&cat=8
there is a pretty good run down on thomas and viairs.

Larry if you look at that link they have the 9210 and the 327, they show them with diffrent ratings, whats the deal? I like the stats of the 327 more but I believe the sats they give on the 9210 are about right..

·
Registered
2,521 Posts
02BLZRX said:

http://airgasmkustomz.com/mcart/index.cgi?code=3&cat=8
there is a pretty good run down on thomas and viairs.

Larry if you look at that link they have the 9210 and the 327, they show them with diffrent ratings, whats the deal? I like the stats of the 327 more but I believe the sats they give on the 9210 are about right..
I think the 327's I get have the firestone number on them. When I get out to the shop today I will check and see. 3 things immediately come to mind. First is the pictures of the 9210 and the 327 look like the same comp, just a different angle. They may be showing specs from 2 different souces. And some may be a little exagerated. If you look at the 337 specs, those are a little inflated from what I saw the other day when we were comparing the 337 to the 450. And lastly, the website designer may not be a car guy, and may have inadvertently put up the same product with two different names, and diffeent specs. I'll pull one out of the box and get back to this in a couple hours.

·
Registered
13,733 Posts
Yea, I was just gonna comment on how some of the specs on the non-viair compressors are a little exadurated, tho not much. Damn I really need to get my new site up and running. lol

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
yeah some seem exagerated, and then the thomas 4101 seems down played, says max psi is 100, since when?

oh well. I think the previous owner took it apart and put it back together wrong maybe.

If you have seen the head on these, each of the valves (in & exhaust) they have to flaps, a small one and a long one, on my comp the smaller one sits beneth the larger one. which I believe is not allowing the longer one (which actually seals it) the set properly.

·
Registered
2,521 Posts
SlammedDime said:
Yea, I was just gonna comment on how some of the specs on the non-viair compressors are a little exadurated, tho not much. lol
The 337 specs are definately inflated...

Thomas 337 Compressor

Max. Pressure 220PSI

·
Registered
2,521 Posts
OK I am in the shop now. I have a thomas 327 sitting here and it says firestone 9210 on it. I just went to thomas' site and printed the specs. Where some confusion comes in is that they list seven different 327 models. But they are all list as max intermittent pressure 150 psi. And on airgasm's site, they list the 9210 at 1.08 cfm, and the 327 at 1.10 cfm. On the thomas spec sheet, they list a model at 1.08, but not 1.10. They do list both 30% and 40% models.
So without knowing which model of 327's they are, it is hard to say what they have. I would bet there is only one model that is really suitable for what we do with them, and that the 327 shown there and the 327's used by air ride and airlift, and the firestone 9210 that I have here are all the same model.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Just to update everyone. I got the compressor working like a champ and have it installed in my blazer. Its inside right now because I couldnt really find anywhere great to put it. It help sooooooo much. I have a 3 gallon i was thinking about adding but now Im not going to because I enjoy the shorter fill times. Maybe when I have a leak free system I will. But for now I will just sit back and enjoy the quicker fill times

·
Alsek Spring & Fab Ltd.
1,230 Posts
ya I have 2 of those for my two 7 gallons. they fill pretty quick for me and I always run them up to around 180-200psi.

Ive had them for around 7 months and no problems. They were cheap too.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I just found to more for 70 bucks. I am hoping to pick them up, Would 4 comps be to much to run? I dont have a amp or system so I dont think it would be to awfule bad. I foyu can run a trailhead compressor thats 180 amps then four 20 amp comps should be ok, right? also I have 2 comps running of a 30 amp fuse do it should be str8, right?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts