S-10 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Too damn old for this sh*
2,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a guy who's going to sell me two leather front bucket seats for $400.00. Sound like a good deal?

·
A Constant Work in Progress
1,088 Posts
hell no....you need to give me his name and number so i can have a talk to this guy and tell him that price is way too high......nah.....i've thought bout hittin up the salvage yards 'round here to see if i can find some but there's no need until i get some money......lets us know how they work out....late

·
2,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How should I go about paying this dude? Escrow? It's a salvage yard in Ohio. I don't wanna get ripped.

·
Registered
3,105 Posts
See if he take's PayPal. I'm pretty sure the will cover you.

·
Registered
13,578 Posts
Hmm...for something like that, I might consider using escrow. Do you have pictures of the seats? If you don't have pictures, I would definitely use escrow.

Paypal is known for being a great service until there's a problem, and they don't want to work with you.

·
Registered
3,105 Posts
zYgoTe said:
Hmm...for something like that, I might consider using escrow. Do you have pictures of the seats? If you don't have pictures, I would definitely use escrow.

Paypal is known for being a great service until there's a problem, and they don't want to work with you.
I disagree with PayPal not working with you. I had a seller stiff me and not want to refund the money. They banned his account and gave me a full refund.

·
Registered
13,578 Posts
Pewter01 said:
I disagree with PayPal not working with you. I had a seller stiff me and not want to refund the money. They banned his account and gave me a full refund.
I'm glad to hear they worked with you Pewter. :thumbup:

But seriously, they are known for bad customer service. If you have the time, check this site out.

http://www.paypalsucks.com/

·
2,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
To anyone who has done the swap...

Are they a straight bolt in, or do I need to modify my tracks, or get the Firebird tracks?

·
Registered
65 Posts
A few things to ask:
What year Firebird? There's a big difference in a 1987 and a 2001.

Ask for photos, what is the return policy?
I swap my bench for Sunfire buckets by adding s10 tracks. Bolted right in after drill the inside holes.

·
2,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The donor is a 98 "WS6" Ram Air Trans-Am.

The guy said they're identical to the ones in this pic.

·
2,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
SON OF A B*ITCH SOLD THEM. That Mutha FU©KER! Damn, now I gotta start looking all over again....:rant: :boom: :madfinger :cuss: :boom: :cry:

·
Dirty Fingz
329 Posts
thats too bad $400 for leather 4th gen seats would be a steal, i paid $300 for my fronts and rear cloth for my 82 Camaro

1 - 19 of 19 Posts