S-10 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Nitto1320 M O D
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not an S10 but the vehicle this header is going on often rides the in the bed of my S10

Rundown... MTD riding mower
Frame Re-inforced and all accesories removed (only drive belts, pulleys, and tensioners on the underside
1995 Techumpse 12 hp OHV
Rebuilt .020 over, Cam Advanced 3 teeth, Balance Shaft Removed
6" lightweight crank pulley
Head milled .030, bowl ported, 3 angle valve job, custom intake port matching to custom intake, new valves, exhaust ported/polished
Briggs and Stratton Dual Line Golf-Cart carburetor jetted up
75/25 mixture of Unleaded Gasoline/20% nitro-methane
Rebuilt rear end with 6" drive pulley 8" slicks but also have a set of custom cut mud tires

Previously ran threaded water pipe exhaust.

Now will be running 2 peice header
NOT PICTURED: mandrel bent 1 3/8" 90 degree off of head with welded flange
PICTURED: 135 degree mandrel bent 1 3/8" (will bolt to 1st peice of header)
45 degree mandrel bent 1 3/8" to clear steering and to aim towards rear
18 inches of 1 3/8" straight pipe to reach seat area
90 degree mandrel bent 1 3/8" angle-cut turnout that sticks out 1/4 inch past frame.. will soon try to find stainless tip.

Getting C25 tank for the mig welder exchanged tomorrow then I will weld it all up and see how she runs/sounds... This is also my first time running with the 6" rear end drive pulley... with just the engine work and crank pulley I was clocked at 27MPH .. the stock drive pulley is 12" so I am significantly changing the ratio, I may see 50 MPH :)

Anyway

·
Nitto1320 M O D
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
incase some of you are curious

·
Nitto1320 M O D
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Got the header welded up and on.

Tractor runs GREAT and idles like a harley or a souped up quad. Was running like shit so I drilled out the carb, cleaned the carb really good and put on a new coil now it runs very strong. Lathed, Pressed, and Tig welded the new center into the little transmission pulley I got and re-packed the tranny, so once I get a smaller belt we will be good to run (takin it to haspin next weekend.

For the header, I didnt get a chance to get my C25 tank filled and I wasnt going to try to TIG that exhaust pipe so I just Migged with no gas so it looks like crap, but it holds well.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
nice mower. my craftsman just crapped out so i hope my dad buys a new one. here is my 3.5 hp briggs i rebuilt though.

you plan on racing your mower or something?

·
Nitto1320 M O D
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Yes I do... The rod shop next to my shop has a junior dragster and I was challenged to build a mower to beat him... You wont believe my next idea, Im going to weld it up right now actually :)

Thats a T04S turbo with a Divided T4 to 1 7/8" pipe adapter

If it doesnt spool, itll still look cool.

·
Nitto1320 M O D
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It was free.
Has a really strong crank/rod assembly
Has A Nice Sleeve In The cylinder
Has an adjustable well-setup Overhead valve assembly

And the HP really doesnt matter as much as the gearing. All you need is enough torque to not kill the engine down when you dump the clutch... Its at an estimated 25 horsepower now though.

·
Nitto1320 M O D
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Oh I also built a 3.5 Horse... and Im building a stroker motor out of a 18HP twin cylinder, and Im building 3 other twin cylinders and a 17HP I/C single cylinder and a few 10 horses and another 12HP techumpse, and we are building a tube frame to mount a tractor body on and a 600cc fuel injected 6 speed suzuki engine too.. yes we have a lawn mower repair shop that we also play in :)

Anyway heres the 3.5 horse...
Ported and polished the hell outta the exhaust port

Filed the backside of the cam off as well as advanced it 2 teeth

Reassembled

·
Supa Fly
6,010 Posts
DUDE!!! I am gonna give you a lil idea I have been kicking around....think of this....12 volt hair dryer......you can get them at camping stores...and they have a COLD setting...I have always wanted to try it...ELECTRIC AIR INJECTION..just hook it up to a small 12 volt battery...likea small motor cycle battery...man...that would be cool...mix that up with a NOS spray or maybe an alchohol spray..or maybe a methanol spray....woo hooo.. :rotf:

·
Nitto1320 M O D
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Blazer Pimp.... tried the hair dryer.. no need to use the cold setting, just took out the heating element.. Problem was the space between the turbine blades.. wont push air... heres what I mean, put your hand on the front of a blow dryer (before it gets hot) it will not push your hand away, the air just goes out the back, it is not strong enough to push any air.

We did run one on nitrous, on the spray it revved so high so fast that that governor weight flew off and hit the oil pump cracking it off the block, the oil pump ball then flew into the rod and blew it into a million peices.. nitrous is BAD, but we plan to build one to handle it.

·
Nitto1320 M O D
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
P.S. what I explained with the nitrous is that it blew a 10HP Briggs to smitherines lol :)

·
I cant win for loosing.
3,226 Posts
garrett makes a turbo small enough to use...ive seen em on ebay, you can hold em in the palm of your hand.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Any idea where I can get the tiny garrett turbo?

·
Registered
618 Posts
Aren't those heads setup just like SBC heads. I've got a friend that works at an equipment rental shop as a repair tech and they can use all SBC stuff, vavles valve guides, springs, rockers ect. Maybe you can find some two 1.6 ratio roller rockers for that.

Looks like a fun project.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts