S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I have actually been getting alot done on the old Hombre bed! I finished the body drop of the bed(I b/d'ed the bed 6" to keep a flat floor, I'll build spacers to match the bd of the cab), and then I was sitting around looking at it and I can't put stock tails after all that work! But since I got rear-ended in the truck, I didn't want tail lights low in the roll pan, especially since the truck will now be body dropped, the tail lights will be right on the ground. So i wanted easy to see tail lights, and I've always liked the late DeVille tails anyways. Plus I welded in the roll-pan, and frenched the tag box in the gate, did all the body-work and primed it. It really looks nice in person-I am really happy to finally see some progress. Next job-body drop the cab-fun fun

·
SK= Midwest's Elite
4,906 Posts
what year caddies are those...they look to be 94^ cuz they appear fatter than the older ones i believe...im doin my caddies next year and i gotta decide if i want the skinny long ones or the fat ones like that

BTW...nice body drop, its obvious that you put alot of time into makin it look nice and i give you props on that :thumbup:

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks SLAMnoma95! you are right-they are 94-99 DeVille lights-I liked them and thought I could make them fit the bodylines nicely. I am really happy with the way they came out! Thanks again!

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thx RedSpeck 09

Thanks man! The box is pretty easy. Pretty much set the box where you want it and trace the shape out on the tailgate, cut the hole carefully(undersize is better, you can always file it to fit). Then slip the box into the cut-out, and set the box to the desired depth(this box is a 3" deep box) and trace around the box the contours of the tailgate. Then take the box out and cut the traced contours out, reinsert and CAREFULLY tack weld, spacing your welds and carefully cool. The tailgate is VERY easy to warp. Tack until it is fully welded, grind welds, and do the bodywork, It is a good full day project! Hope this helps!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts