S-10 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
844 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I used a off the shelf b&m 3 ft cable. B&m shifter brackets. The bracket that holds the cable is secured to the firewall using existing holes from the end of the column. I put in longer grade 8 bolts and secured the bracket with locking hardware. The moon shape bracket is bolted to the shifter bracket that hangs out of the column. It works perfect. Shifts through all gears without any binding issues. This setup would work great for the guys with long tubes too!

·
lq4 s10
663 Posts
Glad to see it works. If I hadn't already used my floor shifter I would have done this. Thanks for sharing bud.

·
Registered
3,847 Posts
I like column shifters, but they are not very easy to shift in the event you want to manually shift. I'll be honest though, if I ad seen this a few years ago, I probably would have kept my factory column shift, since the autos can be programmed to shift at any rpm anyway.

·
Registered
844 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I really wanted to keep the column shift to keep it factoryish looking. Plus I like that the reverse lights work too!

·
Registered
844 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Should fit 4l60s also. If anyone is interested. I can sell these as a kit for 175 plus shipping. Or just the firewall and column brackets for 100 plus shipping.

·
Registered
392 Posts
What headers did you use? I was a few things when looking for mounts that said they work with xxx but you can't use the column shift because of clearance. Wasn't sure if they meant trans clearance or header clearance.

Jay

1 - 12 of 12 Posts