S-10 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
"Phat"boy
1,240 Posts
okay...so how did you replace the steering wheel?

Do they make better looking steering wheels where I wouldn't lose my airbag?

·
not a self portrait...
1,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
my truck didnt have an airbag cuz its a 94. i think that steering wheel looks 10 times better than the big goofy one that was in there before. that one cost me about $70 with all the installation stuff. actually it cost my girlfriend $70 cuz it was a present. :D
i had to buy a steering wheel puller, and other than that it was real easy cuz i didnt have the airbag. all i did was pull the center thing out that was over the horn, follow the directions for pulling the old wheel off, and then follow the directions that came with the wheel. the directions are real easy to follow, even for a simpleton like me. the only thing i had to do was re-ground the horn elsewhere because for some reason it didnt work. dont know what you would do with a truck with an airbag though....sorry

·
xtreme nutcase
487 Posts
good idea with that steering wheel puller. i tried pulling the steering wheel off my old first gen without a puller, and i ended up with a bloody nose. wheel came off and hit me right in the nose. :D :D :D

you're right about the stock steering wheel though, they are butt ugly. too bad i got airbags on my x.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts