S-10 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
xtreme nutcase
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
finally got my exhaust done. it took the retailer 7 weeks to order my flowmaster and now i got it. i got the phone call this morning, i was at the store in 15min, then to the muffler shop 10min later. no time wasted.

its a 40 series delta flow 2.5" inlet 2x2.25" outlet. i had the shop bend me two pipes to the rear with two slash cut 12"x3" chrome tips comming out below the rear bumper. when the guy fired it up, my jaw dropped... this thing is loud, louder than i expected. its got a low growl at low rpm, and sounds agrresive at higher rpm.i really recomend the 40 series to anyone with a 4.3.

only down side, its a just bit more louder inside the cab... of course, and a little bit more viberation compared to stock. but over all its a good install. ive only driven the thing for an hour and i,ve allready got compliments.

·
xtreme nutcase
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
...... and the muffler comes with complimentary stickers. that should be worth 25-50hp more. :D :D :D

·
Fleetwood Truckers So. Cal.
306 Posts
I heard that the 40series delta flow setup is a little less HP as the regular 40series.
Check this out:

Attachments

·
xtreme nutcase
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i originally wanted the non-deltaflow. in fact, thats what i ordered. but the guy at the store says, they dont make a non-deltaflow of my muffler configuration anymore. i really wanted an offset in dual out and i wont settle for a single out. so i had to compramise.

as for the less hp. it might be, i'm not sure, but how much hp are we really talking about....2,3hp. not a big difference if it is so. the packaging says the delta flow is sopose to reduce interior noise. which is kinda nice, coz i dont really want to listen to an exhaust that sounds like a helicopter when i'm driving to work in the morning.

:D

·
Registered
287 Posts
that is a good exhaust though i have the same thing on mine. yeah the dual does take a couple of horses to but it also makes it sound louder from what i've heard. hope you enjoy it bro

·
xtreme nutcase
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
rmducati said:
that is a good exhaust though i have the same thing on mine. yeah the dual does take a couple of horses to but it also makes it sound louder from what i've heard. hope you enjoy it bro
i know, i'm already having fun by driving trough underground parking and setting off car alarms by driving by.:D :D :D

·
xtreme nutcase
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
96blazer said:
Why such the long wait? 7 weeks is too long.
the local store dont stock the 40series, 1in 2out, flomaster. and they have to order it from down there. plus the terrorist atacks made it a bit longer due to tighter borders. i got the option of getting it instantly but i'll have to pay $50 in shipping....fu** that.

you guys in california are lucky, you got the manufacturers right next door.:D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts