S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
804 Posts
re:

Does your grill for the bumper sit weird too?... mine hangs too low... I've seen people rivet them in and have the same problem... I didn't rivet mine because I didn't wanna make any unnecessary holes in the bumper.

Looks good... all you gots to do now is clear out the headlights... hehe... or get Envoys and clear them out.

·
I hate working on trucks
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks everyone. I noticed that the grill sat low. I moved it in a little bit more but it still sags. Oh well. S**T happens. I am going to try to clear out the headlights soon. Wish me luck.

·
I hate working on trucks
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Lownoma said:
looks nice man.. i need to get mine painted....same style frontend im swapping to ..just the headlights are different... i got the jimmy headlights for mine that i cleared out...the ones wth the fogs built in......looks nice man how much did having it painted set you back???
later
jason
I have a buddy that owns a body shop. He hooked me up with the bumper, rollpan and the ghost rallys.

·
Registered
804 Posts
re:

I need those fogs.. hehe :thumbup:

Is the upper grill from trenz as well? I had a brushed alluminum grill that I bought from some schmoe on eBay.. they sucked ass... so I sold it... my envoy grill is the trenz one... but I don't feel like spending another $200 - $300 on a grill if I don't have to.

For your grill, you have to cut out the entire center piece (with the gmc lettering and the horizontal grill fins) right?

·
Project ZO6 S-10
588 Posts
Will the envoy bumper work on an s-10 or will it look weird?
is it metal or fiberglass?
your truck looks good

·
Registered
804 Posts
PisOnCavalier said:
look at our front end, then look at a sonoma's. Its a bit different, the grill on ours is straight, there's it goes down.
You're right... the sonoma front ends dip down in the middle... if you were to put a sonoma/envoy front bumper on your s10 the middle would have a gap between the bumper and the grill and the corners would be tight against your headlights or turn signals.

If you want to do a sonoma/jimmy/envoy front end conversion you would need to either hack the front end to customize it to make it look right OR go with an entire front end swap (bumper, grill, headlights, etc).

·
Registered
804 Posts
Grant said:
Will the envoy bumper work on an s-10 or will it look weird?
is it metal or fiberglass?
your truck looks good
The bumper is polyurethane... same material as a factory or OEM bumper. It's directly from a GMC Envoy 1999 or 2000.

·
I hate working on trucks
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Re: re:

1gmc2nv said:
I need those fogs.. hehe :thumbup:

Is the upper grill from trenz as well? I had a brushed alluminum grill that I bought from some schmoe on eBay.. they sucked ass... so I sold it... my envoy grill is the trenz one... but I don't feel like spending another $200 - $300 on a grill if I don't have to.

For your grill, you have to cut out the entire center piece (with the gmc lettering and the horizontal grill fins) right?
Yeah both of the grills are trenz. I had to cut out the entire center of the grill. That was a b***h.

·
Registered
804 Posts
lowerthebetter said:
I like the crome grill that you have. Did you have to cut out the center???
The chrome grill I have is from a Jimmy... I switched grills with a friend of mine who had a pewter jimmy... he didn't like the chrome one... he wanted a color matched one.. so we switched.

I didn't have to cut my grill for that brushed alluminum insert... but I want to get the trenz one... but dread having to cut that grill...heeh

1 - 20 of 35 Posts