S-10 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Cheezeit9
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got the old one off and the new one on. It made a world of difference in the way it sounds now. Made it overall louder and gave it a much deeper tone. The rumble at idle almost sounds like a 350. I'm guessing the old one was clogged pretty bad. The new one was a direct bolt on from autzone and it was about 3/4 of the size of the old one. Can i expect any increase in fuel mileage or anything like that? Is there anything else I should replace since I replaced the cat.

·
Banned
21,222 Posts
Whens last time u replaced:
Plugs
Wires

Btw, how do ya like your Sylvania Silvers? My g/f's parents are gettin me some for Xmas. :D

·
My-chilled, MACH boost
694 Posts
blacksls00 said:
Btw, how do ya like your Sylvania Silvers? My g/f's parents are gettin me some for Xmas. :D [/B]

i like the 1s i put on my grand am

·
My-chilled, MACH boost
694 Posts
well, not tons, that would take real HIDs. but it is worth it , brighter & whiter. I had a cupon for pep boy - $11.88 ea. norm $25.

·
Cheezeit9
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yea, they are so much better than stock, but they are stil sealed beams so they are only so good. But they do have more of a whitish glow to them. I just replaced my plugs about 3 weeks ago and the wires i replaced last christmas with some MSD 8.5mm wires and the box and such at the same time. But I like the silverstars alot more than the stock. Yours being a sonoma and 00, I am not sure how the bulbs are, but im sure they are better.

·
2nd place is the1st loser
238 Posts
I have the silvers and they are a great replacement.They are brighter and whiter than a stock halogen.And better than most of the competitors.

·
Banned
21,222 Posts
good to hear guys. :)

I dont really think theres too much else to change Cheeze. Unless anythng is throwing a code....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts