S-10 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
I'm Lost
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i finally got a truck, it needs some work but dont they all?
Its a 86 blazer 2 door 2wd 2.8. I got it cheap but it needs a front pump seal in the trans. Anyone ever do one of these themselves?
how hard is it to drop the trans?

·
Just Call Me Dick
305 Posts
it takes about 15 min to drop a trans in one of those but also i do transmission work all day so it is a little bit easier for me. the first time i did one it took about 45 min but i did mine at work so i dont know how long it will take for u.

also while u have the trans out it is best to have it rebuilt. i just rebuilt mine in my jimmy with a shift kit and corvette servo and it barks tires betwen gears and it is only a 2.8

what color is your truck? i have an 86 blazer 2door 2wd soon to be V8 that was grey and blue now it is primered and an 86 jimmy 2door 2wd 2.8 that is black and dark grey.

·
Banned
7,683 Posts
toad713 said:
it takes about 15 min to drop a trans in one of those but also i do transmission work all day so it is a little bit easier for me. the first time i did one it took about 45 min but i did mine at work so i dont know how long it will take for u.

also while u have the trans out it is best to have it rebuilt. i just rebuilt mine in my jimmy with a shift kit and corvette servo and it barks tires betwen gears and it is only a 2.8

what color is your truck? i have an 86 blazer 2door 2wd soon to be V8 that was grey and blue now it is primered and an 86 jimmy 2door 2wd 2.8 that is black and dark grey.
What could I do to my 5 speed tranny to beef things up?

·
I'm Lost
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys. Its nice finally having a truck.click here for pics Theres a few pics of the truck at the bottom of the page. The other car is my beretta that im trying to sell to fix the truck.

·
Registered
2,432 Posts
Only if I could find a 2wd 2.8 Blazer cheap! I need something to work on!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts