S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking for just the right first gen for aloooonggggg time now and I finally found her. On Jan 19 I will be picking her up and bringing her back to VA. I can't believe I found a 1st gen this clean. She's a 89 4.3 auto, extended cab.

If the pics don't work for ya go to
http://www.stillie.gixxer.com/photo.html

Let me know what you think!!!

·
"Phat"boy
1,240 Posts
Good looking 1st gen... I loved mine!

now to slam it and drop some phat azz rims on it!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can't put the big slam on it like I want. I am in the military and due to Osama's sorry tail, they have put MOUNTAINS for speed bumps at the gates!! The only way I could have the slam drop is to go with air, BUT i have too many motor mods in store for this bad boy right now. I might put a 2/3 on it for starters, and outfit it with some 18's. I love the Eagle 217's. The have caught my attention for the moment.

Stef

·
Registered
6,374 Posts
stillie750 said:
I have been looking for just the right first gen for aloooonggggg time now and I finally found her. On Jan 19 I will be picking her up and bringing her back to VA. I can't believe I found a 1st gen this clean. She's a 89 4.3 auto, extended cab.

If the pics don't work for ya go to
http://www.stillie.gixxer.com/photo.html

Let me know what you think!!!
very nice i wish my 90 looked that good when i gto it heheh but its a work in progress now.. but no xcab... loox really nice tho cept those stripes... what was the owner thinking hehehe...

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: Re: Finally found her

HUTcH said:
very nice i wish my 90 looked that good when i gto it heheh but its a work in progress now.. but no xcab... loox really nice tho cept those stripes... what was the owner thinking hehehe...
Well man to each his own, the stripes were a selling point for me. But then i am a big stripe guy. I guess I am kinda retro 60's that way. I just have to get a little something underneath that hood now so I am not ricer, posing.

Stef

·
A Constant Work in Progress
1,088 Posts
never been a big fan of the 1st gens, but i guess that's cuz they're usually ragged out........but that is one clean truck.....whoever owned it took good care of it......have fun with it

·
Registered
6,374 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Finally found her

stillie750 said:

Well man to each his own, the stripes were a selling point for me. But then i am a big stripe guy. I guess I am kinda retro 60's that way. I just have to get a little something underneath that hood now so I am not ricer, posing.

Stef
i have nothing against stripes.. but if yer gonan do em do em right... take em across the roof and down the talgate and hell even on t nose i know the roof didnt have them but dunno about the tail or the front clip... and they kind of look like stickers :confused: painted stripes are very nice though no doubt

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
They are painted, I will be finishing up the roof myself. I might hold off on that, pending a decision on getting a snuglid, anyone got a good source on one of those. i don't mind removing the bed liner for it. The paint is good on there.

Stef

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Two more of the stripes, I don't know why they didn't paint the top either LOL fockers....

I really like this truck.....:D

·
V8 S15 Jimmy & V8 S10
34 Posts
Nice Truck man!

Looks good man. I know where them pictures were taken! They were taken down in Philly next to the Spectrum.
I sure do miss the races down in Philly!!:mad::cry:

Congrats on the new purchase:thumbup:

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Re: Nice Truck man!

Xtreme88Jimmy said:
Looks good man. I know where them pictures were taken! They were taken down in Philly new to the Spectrum where they are buildingthe others. I miss the races down in Philly!!:mad:::cry:
Congrats on the new purchase:thumbup:
Exactly!!! I noticed all the great drag race areas around there!! Lots of warehouse backroads and stuff

·
Registered
6,374 Posts
Re: Re: Nice Truck man!

stillie750 said:

Exactly!!! I noticed all the great drag race areas around there!! Lots of warehouse backroads and stuff
ahh the rest of the pix were better when the hood was up they looked like faded stickers eheh much better... id go tonneau on it and continue the stripes across the tonneau... checkmate makes a good inexpensive tonneau for it.. but those pix did look a lot bette rmust have been how the sun was shining on the pic with the hood up how does the engine look?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Originally posted by Hutch:

How does the engine look??

Seriously, IMO, I've never seen one this clean on a First gen with this many miles. I will let you guys decide.

·
Registered
6,374 Posts
stillie750 said:
Originally posted by Hutch:

How does the engine look??

Seriously, IMO, I've never seen one this clean on a First gen with this many miles. I will let you guys decide.

very nice... my exterior on the one i have was nohere near as clean but i liked the engine bay it was almost as clean as yours and is now :-D shes dirty in this one but you an see more what it looked like when i got her

this is her currently

still a work in progress probably forever but shes looking good yer lucky to find a truck that clean

·
Registered
43 Posts
Truck looks good....
Needs wheels and stance!
Engine looks clean as hell, should make it easier to sell it to recomp the money from your 350ci purchase (j/k):D

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Re: Re: Re: Nice Truck man!

HUTcH said:
... checkmate makes a good inexpensive tonneau for it.. ?
Hutch, do you know of any dealers online for those?? I saw a couple of pics of their tonneaus and I really like them!!! Their website didn't say they shipped. Do you know if they do???

·
StepIntoTheDark.com!!!
1,249 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: Nice Truck man!

stillie750 said:

Hutch, do you know of any dealers online for those?? I saw a couple of pics of their tonneaus and I really like them!!! Their website didn't say they shipped. Do you know if they do???
Yes they do ship...

·
Registered
6,374 Posts
digbmx4130 said:
Very nice. Nice and clean. I loved my 1st gen. It was clean, but now shes dead. :mad:

www.anti-bmx.com/wreck
that fuggin sux d00d.... i seen a lot of those lately it seemd... i hate ppl that cant drive.. they do that a lot her ein Dallas too.. thats how my Talon got totalled... some dumbsh1t who pulled out in front of me at the last minute in some pos who didnt know his brake from the gas but his insurance got reamed... so now i am in an S again :) and didnt know how much i missed it i still miss my talon doing 130 and not being able to tell you were going that fast because it was smooth was nice :) good luck on finding something new
And Stillie that is a nice find you got there

1 - 20 of 23 Posts