S-10 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that this is the wrong forum for this post, but I just had to tell someone. After 28 months of going to school 5 nights a week I finished the FAA Part 147 program last night. Now it is time to look for a good job. Thanks for listening.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is to get licensed through the Department of Transportation Federal Aviation Administration as an A&P Mechanic (Aviation Maintenance Tech). I already have my Airframe and FCC license with elements 1,3,8. I take my written test (CATS) on Dec. 12th and my Oral and Practicals (O&P) on the 29th.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
oops the tests on the 12th and 29th are to get my Powerplant rating

·
Registered
10,898 Posts
Props to ya Madman..There's a lot involved in your field. When I was
in the service I use to wrench on Helo's. OH-58's a couple OH-6's
one UH-1 Mike model Huey and a few AHI-G and H Cobras..
Man I loved the flt line..Right across the Hi-way from ya at Ft.
Campbell.

You picked a good career. Maybe you could go to work for the Feds
or State you're in. I sure wished I stayed and got my A&P on rotor
wing a/c. Good luck on you future tests..

·
2nd place is the1st loser
238 Posts
There is a waiting list for all A&P classes here.When I got out of college my brother just had started after a year of waiting.When he starts talking about what they are covering at the time.He might as well be talking french to me.Good luck man and keep things in the air.:yikes:

·
GMtruckHQ
2,894 Posts
uhhh im still clueless but does it mean you can fly planes?

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No not fly them, just licensed to repair them. I want to go to flight school next to get my private pilots license. I am trying to get on with DynCorp here at FT. Campbell or ComAir out of Dayton Ohio.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts