S-10 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
2 Litre Terror
1,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After spending countless hours trying to convince my wife it wasnt a second childhod im going through ;), (I'm 35) I'm picking up my new 2002 fully loaded Blazer X on tuesday the 15th. Thanks to the dealer its not indigo but it is an Xtreme and thats what counts. Couple of questions...

A. Purchased a 50 series Flowmaster (relative owns a mineke so we may have the cat removed and duals bent up if we can fit it), Plan on gutting the MAF and the airbox running a K&N, B&M Shift reprogrammer and a set of underdrive pulleys for it. Will the pp3 make a huge difference in the performance of my truck after these upgrades or is it not worth it.

B. Is there anything else I may be missing that will help improve the performance of my truck without tearing into the motor or tranny. ( 373 or 410 gears?)

Thanks for any help you can give. This site is amazing as are most of the people that belong to it....

Bobby

Will send in pics Tuesday night...

·
Registered
62 Posts
Congrats man. I wouldn't hold my breath on duals man. I don't know about your blazer but the older ones don't have much room under there. But if you can fit it, GO FOR IT!!!!! 3.73 is a good start, and look into getting a programmer and of course the hypertech programmer. Once again congrats on the new arrival. I love those X blazers!!!!!

·
Registered
201 Posts
here are the boltons worth getting:
-intake(or gutted stock w/ drop in K&N)
-MAF or gutted stock
-throttle body spacer
-headers
-y-pipe if not true dual/ good H pipe if true dual
-high flow cat, no cat is a little skeet on the backpressure
-flowmaster or other cat-back exhaust
-underdrive pulleys(not a good idea if you are going to have a large aftermarket stereo)
-chip(hpp3 or jet)
-ignition(also a must if you go n20)
-electric fan(easy, free hp)
-if an auto: shift kit and higher stall torque converter
-if a manual: clutch
-rearend gear change is a tradeoff, if this is a daily driver I wouldn't go above 3.73s.

-I may have missed a few but these are the big ones. And yes you can do a relatively large n20 shot w/o going internal.

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
from 342 to 373 waste. now 410s kicked ass.

i have the cone intake on ours, B&M shift kit, and flowmastter muffler (have another flowmaster muffler for sale used like 2 months)

anyways truck is fast enough for my girl. i lowered it another 3 in front and 4 in back and some 18s on it now. the mirrors and new door handles should be on it next week

·
2 Litre Terror
1,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the suggestions guys. was looking at my 99 ZR2 and it looks like i should be able to fit duals. I assume the body underpan is fairly the same. We will see. Again, Thanks for the help..will send picks soon.....

·
Registered
96 Posts
02REDXBLAZE said:
Thanks for the suggestions guys. was looking at my 99 ZR2 and it looks like i should be able to fit duals. I assume the body underpan is fairly the same. We will see. Again, Thanks for the help..will send picks soon.....
Just to let you know, on an 02, you cant gut the MAF, they no longer put the screen in them!

·
Just BAG IT!
1,963 Posts
lol... a year and 2 months later.. this thread has returned from the dead :rock:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts