S-10 Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
I'm bagged bitch!
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Jakes2001 said:
Yeah, if you wouldn't mind...

Did you put the bags on yourself? I am ordering my front kit tomorrow and I will be doing it myself and I was wondering how hard like 1-10 (10 being the hardest) you would say it is. I have quite a bit of tech. skill but I am kinda shaky on the whole bag idea, lol.
alright i'll get some pics for you this weekend ...

yes i installed the bags myself ... with the help of 99Xtreme and WhiteXtreme ... if you installed drop spindles before you will definately be able to install bags up front .. i have jasons' cups and they are awesome! take out the coil spring and the fit in between the upper and lower arms ... it does take a bit of cutting (spring pocket) but thats easy with a sawzall and die grinder ...

as far as rating goes ... i guess about a 7

·
I'm bagged bitch!
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
alteredimage said:
Nice looking truck. I like the way the front looks slamed to the ground. I found that napa makes a 1/2 inch gromet that works good to run the air line through. I belive it takes a 7/8 drill bit. Just a suggestion I belive they are like 2 bucks or so for a 4 pack.
thanks man! i'll have to look into that

·
Registered
878 Posts
1lowxtreme said:
alright i'll get some pics for you this weekend ...

yes i installed the bags myself ... with the help of 99Xtreme and WhiteXtreme ... if you installed drop spindles before you will definately be able to install bags up front .. i have jasons' cups and they are awesome! take out the coil spring and the fit in between the upper and lower arms ... it does take a bit of cutting (spring pocket) but thats easy with a sawzall and die grinder ...

as far as rating goes ... i guess about a 7
Sweet. Thanks bro.

Yeah, I have installed my spindles myself. I plan on ordering my stuff from Jason today so we'll see how it all goes! How long did it take you guys to install yours?

·
Xtreme Dreams..
1,939 Posts
I can answer this one for ya Chris, I got there around 12:30. Chris had already put in his compressor and his tank, valves, and switches and drilled the holes for the line in the bed.

All we had left to do was removed the springs and cut the spring cups, put the bags together and get them installed, we ran into a few snags like a leaky fittings and we could not get the ring off the line so that took up some time, but I think we got him up and running around 7:30PM, thats with a run to Home depot for some good Sawzall blades and Dremel cutoff wheels. SO i would say at least 10-12Hours if your a begginer, it took me 2 days to do the front of my truck due to my Ball joints would no separate.

Jasons cups are great!!!!!!!! They bolt right up in the shock holes and let your truck lay, I have airride cups in my truck and need to get a set of Jason's cause I won't lay due to my cups.

Jakes2001 said:
Sweet. Thanks bro.

Yeah, I have installed my spindles myself. I plan on ordering my stuff from Jason today so we'll see how it all goes! How long did it take you guys to install yours?

·
Xtreme Dreams..
1,939 Posts
NaggZ said:
can u send me pics of the front bag setup u did? im tryin to figure out how i want to mount the front bags

[email protected]
He bought Jasons cup from suicidedoors and bought 2 firestone 2500 Bags, also from Jason... I know I helped install them...

99XTreme

·
Got Stones????
609 Posts
RUBBING and NOISES

most likely the noises you heard was the dust shield...at mid to full turn with spindles the dust shields will rub unless you notched them...also with the bags dropping it some that also would cause them to rub...you prob allready wore a groove in the shield is why it doesnt make anymore noise...later:rock:

21 - 28 of 28 Posts