S-10 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know it aint the best looking but I got it pretty cheap so I couldn't really pass up the deal. Pictures speak more than words so here they are.

The interior was decent other than some stains on the seats and no floor mats kinda killed the carpet and the tear in the drivers seat. The body of the truck needs quite a bit of work, new door, front bumper, quite a few dents. But hey what good is a project if there is nothing to work on.

The engine, even though its a 2.2 with 170,xxx miles on it runs great. Trans has some shifting problems but its still drivable. But all of that is going to be replaced with either a 5.3 or a 6.0 haven't quite decided yet. Once I start doing some real work to it I will make a project thread but for now it isn't worthy enough for that.

Any suggestions, thoughts or comments are greatly appreciated.

·
Pewter member
2,513 Posts
plans>?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well not completely for certain as of yet. But so far I do know that it is getting a V-8.... Tried talking my dad out of his LS3 that he just put in his car but that was a no go :haha:, although the setup that he is running is quite tempting.

Also still undecided whether to do just a static drop or bag/bodydrop it. I have always been a big fan bagged trucks and dragging the hell out of them, just not sure if its the right thing for this truck.

Wheels are another thing, I am pretty certain I am going to run drag radials and after seeing the Weld Prostars on my dad's car with the 4" skinnies up front and the 10" in the back with drag radials I think it would look pretty good on this truck once it has the V-8 and is lowered one way or another.

That is my dad's car that we have been working on for about 4 years now. Started out with an LS1/T-56 and he decided he didnt like that so now its got an LS3 with a built 200-4R as well as quite a few other things.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sry for taking so long to reply, havent checked this thread it so long and not really any updates on the truck yet other than the trans finally went bad. For some reason it is locked in a forward gear so I am actually in the process today of taking it out and going to tear it down and see if I just need to order a rebuild kit and torque convertor or if I have to order any hard parts for it.

is that a standalone EFI system or carbed?
That setup is a carbed setup. He has had about 4 different setups on it between fuel injected and carbed and decided in the end to stay with a carbed setup.

u scored:eek::eek::eek:good luck with it......nice project:cool:
I wasnt going to buy it because of the trans problems it had but for 1000 bux I couldnt pass it up.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.