S-10 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Flippin a Blazer hurts
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
in this pic....

Do you loose any SPL or sound by having 2 subs firing into the floor? If so, how could I mount 2 12" subs (my DD's) inside the box and have it look good? How expensive or how hard would it be to mirror the entire inside of the box? If I didn't use mirrors for the inside of the box, what else should/could I use to make the subs standout and still look good (I'll have a couple HIDDEN BLUE neon tubes inside the box)?

If I were to Dynamat the rear cab wall, my 2 doors and the 3rd door, how much and what type would I need to get? Has anyone used brownbread?

Is it basically applied the same as Dynamat would be? (I've never worked with either) If you had all the supplies you'd normally install Dynamat with, you think that would be everything needed to install the Brown Bread too?

Brown Bread

35ft²
$94.99

That should be PLENTY right?

Install Instructions

Brown Bread Sounds Dead

1. Remove all dust and grease with a cloth of white spirit or thinners.

2. Cut Brown Bread into small pieces that will fit into the offending panel to be deadened.

3. Brown Bread is more pliable if heated with a hairdryer or heat gun. BEWARE! Brown Bread gets hot!

4. Apply an initial layer of Brown Bread to the offending panel.

5. For best results apply a second layer, by applying the second layer of Brown Bread, you obtain up to three times the deadening effect of that of just one layer.

6. Brown Bread can also be used to deaden Bass Boxes. For best results apply to speaker baffle box.

thanks for some much needed advice/help ;)

·
Flippin a Blazer hurts
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Last part :rolleyes: ,

TJ (the guy who's box that belongs to above) actually told me he used reflective ingraiving plate inside that box. Where would I get this and how much $ would it be?

Another thing, how do you all think I should have the subs pointing/firing? I thought about having the driverside sub pointing towards the passenger side corner of the box and visa versa with the otherside..........OR having the 2 subs kinda point downward (like in the pic above....the subs on the sides of the box, not the ones firing down). I can't seem to understand or figure out how he (TJ) did this. Here's what he told me he did:

"and all i did for the angle was take a piece of cardboard and do a side profile of the back of the truck with the seat at the angle i needed it to me........and went from there "

·
A Constant Work in Progress
1,088 Posts
that is a focking sweet box....tell me something tho.....is it just me or am i seeing 4 subs.....just wanna make sure......i don't guess he has the plans for it does he?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts