S-10 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Drop N Destroy
4,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got a question bout that filter on the 450 most people screw it into your compressor i have fiberglass bed cover on my truck i ran my filter under the truck close to my rollpan behind my left rear tire so that air could get to it i meen what should i do should i screw it on to the compressor or leave it what do i do i dont what that filter messing up explain bout that guyz not sure bout the filter on the viair 450

·
Drop N Destroy
4,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea thats what i thought when i mounted their but thats the only place where airflow is flowing through shuld i jus screw it on the compressor hit me back

·
Registered
3,813 Posts
you could drill a small hole on in the front of the bed, and mount the filter inbetween the cab/bed...that would draw fresh air...

·
Drop N Destroy
4,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yea i just might do it but does anyone else have any suggestions hit me back

·
I hate you
2,241 Posts
98sdime said:
you could drill a small hole on in the front of the bed, and mount the filter inbetween the cab/bed...that would draw fresh air...
Damn Mitch you're pretty freakin smart. :thumbup:

You're not as dumb as I thought you were. lol, j/p

·
Registered
13,733 Posts
Just do what mitch said. I ran mine between the skins of the bed after the tire. No probs, and the filters don't get dirty as much

·
Afterhours Admin
27,121 Posts
uh, wait..the compressor is in the bed? why are you running a remote filter under the bed? the inside of the bed is much cleaner.

·
Drop N Destroy
4,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
see i have a fiberglass bed cover on the top of my bed and i right now i have the filter ran under the bed by my rollpan behind the left rear tire cause thats the only place i thought it could get airflow but tell me where i should put it should i just put it on the compressor or do what mitch said and put it between where the cab and bed is hit me back guys

·
Registered
14,881 Posts
the beds on are trucks are not sealed, i have a flush mount hard cover on my truck, and i have both comps in the bed with the filters directly mounted on them.

·
NTBSSHEVN
9,248 Posts
I may be asking a dumb what if question buy what if u had a tonnue cover on it that is water proof so wouldn't that make it air tight and then your tailgate was molded shut and your bed was rebuilt out of sheet metal with no holes in it and your compressors were in it. What happens when the compressors start making vacume.

·
Drop N Destroy
4,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ok i will screw into the compressor i think it will be alright but i might do what mitch said and put in between the cab and the bed

·
Afterhours Admin
27,121 Posts
if the compressor is in the bed, under a cap, then theres no reason whatsoever to relocate the filter. anything outside of the bed will be worse for it. i dont care what kind of cover you have or what kind of body mods you do short of welding the entire thing closed, the bed will never be airtight and the compressor will never create a vacuum in there.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts