S-10 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
is dekitted...
1,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Don't flame me here guys, I know the right way to do it would be painted with clear coat tinted w/ black, but... I have tinted a few friends windows, and did a fine job, and I was wondering, if I can save a few bucks temporarily and tint my lights w/ regular film window tint. As long as I clean the surface well, and keep it nice and wet while im applying the tint, and once it dries, where would the problem be? what would be different having tint stick to plastic versus glass? Any obvious reasons im missing as to why it would fail?

·
·
6,837 Posts
only real problem i could see is regular washing will cause the edges to pull up

·
2.2 Extremist
4,310 Posts
Idk, but I would like to know know myself, i have the GTO covers and a stupid kid in my auto class cracked a couple chunks out of'em, how? idk so I need a fix

·
is dekitted...
1,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Deja Vu, those are idealy what I want. They are good looking, removeable if need be, and relatively cheap. I just couldnt find a good trustworthy looking site to order from... I gotta relearn everything about this civic, i dont know where to go for good parts and good prices, or who even are good places that sell car stuff. Also, Ive heard of a spray made for model RC cars, it looks like nightshades, but better, and when it dries, you can with some work, peel it off in one sheet, or alcohol will remove it also.

·
Eric
2,926 Posts
I've only ever used Lamin-x...and yes I am biased towards them and haven't tried anything else. haha. If I remember later I will post up some pictures...I have my taillights and 3rd brake tinted with Lamin-x

They also have a red tint one...my brother did his Mazda3 hatch and it looks sick!! I'll have to see if I can find pictures of that too.

EDIT: along with tints they also carry Red, blue and clear coats to protect paint. Hell I should get paid for how much advertising I do for them!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.