S-10 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Say lowered d
1,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who here has a fiberglass cowl induction hood? I want to get one from up22.com, but they say that they use the stock hinges. I have a 97 which has the hinges as part of the hood bracing. What am I supposed to do? I asked the lady that answered the phone if anybody there would know but she said no. Please help me out guys. I want a 4 3/4 cowl in a bad way.:bash:

·
Registered
15 Posts
when they say stock hinges, they mean that they mount up to the factory hinge thats on the truck. the hinge has 2 parts , one on the truck and one on the hood, their just bolted to gether to hinge open and close.

·
Say lowered d
1,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hood

hey bagged, do you have one? I wrecked mine last night by playing bumper cars with a deer. I guess I can let the body shop figure it out.:confused:

·
Banned
18,005 Posts
i have a fiberglass SS hood...it looks like the hinges are part of the hood, and they are, they are just little "arms", if you will, and on the end, is a hole on each "arm", and a bolt goes thru that into the fender..swapping a hood is about as easy as removing a tailgate on the s-series:D:D

·
Say lowered d
1,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hood

Thanks man, I am going to get one soon hopefully, just creamed a deer two nights ago so insurance should pay for that. I called up22 to ask about them but the lady that answeredd the phone didnt knpow anything. I dont even know if she knew what a hood was.:rolleyes:

·
Banned
18,005 Posts
Re: hood

loweredd said:
Thanks man, I am going to get one soon hopefully, just creamed a deer two nights ago so insurance should pay for that. I called up22 to ask about them but the lady that answeredd the phone didnt knpow anything. I dont even know if she knew what a hood was.:rolleyes:
hahaha

just have the body shop order that hood, rather than a stock hood..lol

·
Registered
2 Posts
loweredd said:
Who here has a fiberglass cowl induction hood? I want to get one from up22.com, but they say that they use the stock hinges. I have a 97 which has the hinges as part of the hood bracing. What am I supposed to do? I asked the lady that answered the phone if anybody there would know but she said no. Please help me out guys. I want a 4 3/4 cowl in a bad way.:bash:
Hey dude. I would think twice before I did business with up22.com. They will rip you off big time. Check out the complaints on the Better Business Bureau site before you send them money!!! Rip off artists. I can elaborate if needed. Had a hood ordered for an S10 since March 16th. They tell me a different lie each time I call. And talk about rude. I don't know how they stay in business. Be careful.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts